No announcement yet.

2017-18 NBA season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don’t think Lebron is at least as good as Jordan was, please speak up.*

* I want to know who to ignore in the future, in regards to any hoops discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

* I want to know who to ignore in the future, in regards to any hoops discussion.
      He's better.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        He's better.
        Yep. I’ve felt that way ever since the Cavs came back from 3-1.

The fact anyone other than LBJ has won a MVP the past 7 years, is silly. 10 or 20 years from now it will become unfathomable. Who would take Russ, Harden or even Curry over LBJ? No sane person.

Comment

Yep. I’ve felt that way ever since the Cavs came back from 3-1.

The fact anyone other than LBJ has won a MVP the past 7 years, is silly. 10 or 20 years from now it will become unfathomable. Who would take Russ, Harden or even Curry over LBJ? No sane person.
          Yep Lebron is no doubt the best player of all time. Nobody else is close and definitely Jordan was not as good.

However in a given year if you look at the real plus-minus it’s not crazy to choose Harden or even Anthony Davis this seaseon based on a metric like this: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS

Comment

Raptors run into a LeBrontosaurus.

https://streamable.com/uclw6
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's close between LeBron and MJ. I lean MJ, but I won't begrudge anybody for choosing LBJ - or Kareem for that matter. In my mind its Kareem, MJ and LeBron - then everybody else.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

You're unlikely to ever sit down with Magic, Jerry West, Shaq, Hakeem, etc anyway, but it's nice knowing you could just ignore them in any hoops discussion.

The only great player that I've seen say LeBron is better than MJ is the original Isaiah Thomas.

Julius Erving thinks Kareem is the greatest and MJ is #2. There are a number of others who think the same thing.
                Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 05-08-2018, 01:26 PM.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  It's close between LeBron and MJ. I lean MJ, but I won't begrudge anybody for choosing LBJ - or Kareem for that matter. In my mind its Kareem, MJ and LeBron - then everybody else.
                  There's also Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    There's also Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.
                    Both great, but neither in the conversation for GOAT.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Both great, but neither in the conversation for GOAT.
                      There are a number of former players who say that about Wilt (Karl Malone and Walt Frazier to name a couple), fewer say it about Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        You're unlikely to ever sit down with Magic, Jerry West, Shaq, Hakeem, etc anyway, but it's nice knowing you could just ignore them in any hoops discussion.

The only great player that I've seen say LeBron is better than MJ is the original Isaiah Thomas.

Julius Erving thinks Kareem is the greatest and MJ is #2. There are a number of others who think the same thing.
                        Old retired NBA players are the last guys you should ask about whether MJ or Lebron is better. They will go with the older guy just out of sentimentality and that totally irrational sense that everything was better decades ago.

These are the guys who never learned to shoot 3-pointers and still have no concept of basic math much less the offensive and defensive efficiency concepts that current coaches and players understand and apply to the game now.

This is like asking Tom Brady why he’s a great QB and he’ll talk about drinking a lot of water and vitamins and weird stretching exercises.

Just because you’re a bird doesn’t mean you’re an ornithologist.

Comment

The older guys will always choose someone from their era, or one of their heroes. In 20 years, there will be overwhelming support for LBJ as the GOAT, with the gap between LBJ and MJ growing each year. Bill Russell, Wilt and Kareem will be relics that people understood were good in their day, but couldn't seriously compete with LBJ.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Dwayne Casey wins coach of the year one day, gets fired by Toronto the next.

Clearly the Raptors are tired of being humiliated by LeBron James in the playoffs every year, and this is some attempt to “shake things up” in order to prevent that from happening once again in the future. But what good is this really going to do? Casey’s big failure as a head coach has been his inability to beat James in the playoffs, but that’s a weakness that virtually every other coach and team in the league possesses. Is there some available coach out there who has a secret plan for making James less good at basketball? If so, the Raptors should definitely hire that guy. If not, they probably should have just kept the guy who has consistently won a lot of games for them!
                            https://deadspin.com/lebron-james-ju...red-1825954750

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

S-M-R-T, we are so smart.

Last edited by falafel; 05-11-2018, 02:09 PM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

lol at the raptors
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X