Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017-18 NBA season

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    has there ever been a more impressive meaningful last second shot in playoff history, considering time on the clock and degree of difficulty than the Middleton three to tie?
    Gar Heard's shot to tie at the end of double overtime in Game 5 of the finals vs. Boston in '76 was pretty memorable, but then I guess most here wouldn't remember that...

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Gar Heard's shot to tie at the end of double overtime in Game 5 of the finals vs. Boston in '76 was pretty memorable, but then I guess most here wouldn't remember that...
    Guilty.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I’m sure I saw it but the veil isn’t letting me remember it.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

has there ever been a more impressive meaningful last second shot in playoff history, considering time on the clock and degree of difficulty than the Middleton three to tie?
    I hate the player and the team, but this one was pretty incredible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hga15BTF6Hs

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post

That one was incredible. I too, hate the player and team. Maybe give Middleton the slight edge for a 35 footer.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

That one was incredible. I too, hate the player and team. Maybe give Middleton the slight edge for a 35 footer.
    ESAD Derek Fisher.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I like you so much more than I hate what you wrote. Plus you linked one of my fave live viewership moments evs!

Long live Derek Fisher.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Long live Derek Fisher.
    Long live Matt Barnes.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Watching these NBA players who have no connection to Popovich search for deep thoughts on Pop's wife is kind of funny.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Watching these NBA players who have no connection to Popovich search for deep thoughts on Pop's wife is kind of funny.
    So dumb asking. What do you think of his wifes death? oh its horrible! What else are you gonna say

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    So dumb asking. What do you think of his wifes death? oh its horrible! What else are you gonna say
    Watching Kevin Durant get through that question would have been the highlight of the night but for DM's spin move on Paul George
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    LeBron is pretty close to Pop.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Lol @ Portland.

Lol @ Portland.