List 1:
    Johnson: $8
    Stevenson: $5
    Jackson: $4

List 2:
    Thompson: $14
    Smith: $1
    Miller: $1

Which name has the most value associated with it?
    if the folks in list 1 gather their money and get the item, Johnson has the most value.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• 2 questions

1)Other than the monkey from the Bay does anyone think the call should have been reversed? Not was it a charge or block or if the language allows for this idiocy, but given the context should this subjective call be overturned?

2) would a similar call be overturned in the NFL or MLB? Was the video evidence so compelling to make the initial charge look blatantly wrong in retrospect.

I can’t recall the last time i was so annoyed, even a day later at a game that didn’t involve BYU.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        if the folks in list 1 gather their money and get the item, Johnson has the most value.
        Since the award isn't "which collection of individuals have the most value" which would be the case for "who wins the series" and the award isn't "best player on the winning team" I feel comfortable giving the award to the player who adds the most "value."

Webster defines value as:
        1) having value : worth a lot of money
        2) useful or important
        https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/of%20value

In last nights game, on either side, it was clear to me that the player who was both the most useful and the most important, was LeBron James.

If you're talking about who has the most money, there is no debate that Jose Calderon would win that award.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          2 questions

1)Other than the monkey from the Bay does anyone think the call should have been reversed? Not was it a charge or block or if the language allows for this idiocy, but given the context should this subjective call be overturned?

2) would a similar call be overturned in the NFL or MLB? Was the video evidence so compelling to make the initial charge look blatantly wrong in retrospect.

I can’t recall the last time i was so annoyed, even a day later at a game that didn’t involve BYU.
          1) No way.
          2) No way.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

2 questions

You must have missed the last decade of NFL playing "what's a catch".

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
              Since the award isn't "which collection of individuals have the most value" which would be the case for "who wins the series" and the award isn't "best player on the winning team" I feel comfortable giving the award to the player who adds the most "value."

Webster defines value as:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/of%20value

In last nights game, on either side, it was clear to me that the player who was both the most useful and the most important, was LeBron James.

If you're talking about who has the most money, there is no debate that Jose Calderon would win that award.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

2 questions

Preliminarily, I think that if you showed that play to a group of neutral observers, without identifying either player, the score, or the time left on the clock, the vote on whether it was a charge or a block would run about 60:40 in favor of a block. That said, without regard to what the rules say regarding review, I'd say the play shouldn't have been reviewed or reversed (I'd guess there were at least a couple dozen instances in last night's game--indeed, in any game) where careful review of a play would lead to different officiating result. But...

1. Once the refs decided to review the play to confirm the halo issue, they did what they were allowed to do and that was to correct what they determined was the wrong call.

2. You're comparing apples and catfish here, as the rule standards and the games themselves are so different. The NFL has a very clear standard that prohibits overturning a call unless there is clear and convincing evidence it was wrong. The difference between the NFL and NBA on this point seems comparable to the judgment standard in criminal ("beyond a reasonable doubt') and civil ("a preponderance of the evidence", essentially "more likely than not") cases. I'm open to changing the standard for review in the NBA, but what they did last night seems to fall within the current rules framework. And baseball is a different animal altogether, in that every call is essentially binary (unlike pass interference, holding, charging, etc. that involve judgment calls). And yet baseball hasn't gone to what would be a more just system for calling balls and strikes using [Dr. Evil finger quotes], LAY-zers, allowing umps to set own strike zones and retaining the human element which makes the game even more interesting. Like last night.

Comment

• The NBA game review said the officials did the right thing. Javie island: Population one.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    KD will likely be series MVP, and I think there's a chance KD might be the least valuable player on both teams, in terms of what he adds, which I think might be negative. I loved how they showed Kerr yelling at him in a timeout to share the ball in the nicest way possible so as not to offend your superstar. "Shoot the ball when you have a shot or make a move when you're deep in the shot clock, but early in the shot clock trust your teammates and share the ball." Next possession KD catches the ball with his back to basket 20 ft from basket with 15+ seconds on shot clock. Holds it for a couple seconds, squares, holds for a couple more seconds, jabs, dribbles for a few more seconds, then fall away jumper. Kerr is jumping up and down screaming PASS PASS in the background.
                    KD is an excellent and underrated defender but I agree he takes some terrible shots.

Down the stretch of game 4 of the WCF against Houston he outright panicked and tried some crazy, rushed shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      The NBA game review said the officials did the right thing. Javie island: Population one.
                      Lol. No way! The NBA didn’t admit they f’d up the most important sequence of the season? That should make the vast majority of pissed off fans feel better. Sure we’ve never seen a call overturned like that but if they say it’s correct then there’s no argument here.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Lol. No way! The NBA didn’t admit they f’d up the most important sequence of the season? That should make the vast majority of pissed off fans feel better. Sure we’ve never seen a call overturned like that but if they say it’s correct then there’s no argument here.
                        Now, now... Your sledgehammer wit would be more apt were it not for the fact that the same report noted that Draymond committed a lane violation on the missed free throw, and thus Hill should have been given another attempt. How dare you question the integrity of the NBA.

Comment

• LOL.. You are joking right.. Admitting that has no bearing on the controversial reverse call and is strategically used to show they are not fully behind their refs..

Do you think we are that stupid or are your GS tinted glasses that dark..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Controversy aside... I'm really proud of LeBron. I was one of the people predicting a landslide sweep. Time after time he amazes me and leaves me breathless as he gives his all. I'm a GSW fanboy in Portland... but I was so disappointed that the Cav's didn't win the game. I love to watch greatness when I know greatness is unfolding right before my eyes.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• 2017-18 NBA season

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              Controversy aside... I'm really proud of LeBron. I was one of the people predicting a landslide sweep. Time after time he amazes me and leaves me breathless as he gives his all. I'm a GSW fanboy in Portland... but I was so disappointed that the Cav's didn't win the game. I love to watch greatness when I know greatness is unfolding right before my eyes.
                              If I am LBJ, I am telling Lue that JR Smith needs to be sent home..

He ruined it.. all the blood ( Actual real blood), sweat and effort was wasted by an idiot who truly should know the score and what to do on a rebound.

I’m sorry, but the actions of GSW in OT and their arrogance was so off putting. Seriously.. your whole team almost got beat by one single man.. show some respect and humility for the greatness that took place..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                                If I am LBJ, I am telling Lue that JR Smith needs to be sent home..

He ruined it.. all the blood ( Actual real blood), sweat and effort was wasted by an idiot who truly should know the score and what to do on a rebound.

I’m sorry, but the actions of GSW in OT and their arrogance was so off putting. Seriously.. your whole team almost got beat by one single man.. show some respect and humility for the greatness that took place..
                                Lol.

Lighten up, Francis.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X