No announcement yet.

2017-18 NBA season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best coach in the universe Brad Stevens is leaving Marcus Morris in the game after he gets 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes. Guy who gets it alert!

Comment

I hate the Rockets. Glad the Warriors are humbling them tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        I hate the Rockets. Glad the Warriors are humbling them tonight.
        Problem is, I hate both.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Problem is, I hate both.
          I thought I hated both but then I watch the game and realize I hate Houston a helluva lot more.

Comment

I'm obviously a homer, but GS is so much more fun to watch than Harden and the others. Other than Green's early moments of stupidity, the W's played a very solid game and they finally look to be in championship form. The series is far from over, though.

Comment

rockets got shit pumped. love it!
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                The series is far from over, though.
                I thought it was going 7, now I'm feeling the sweep.

Comment

That time the second best player in the league joined the team that was already the best team in the league and probably the best team in NBA history. Yeah that was super annoying. Still is.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I'm obviously a homer, but GS is so much more fun to watch than Harden and the others. Other than Green's early moments of stupidity, the W's played a very solid game and they finally look to be in championship form. The series is far from over, though.
                    i'd say their style is fun to watch, but they are not fun to watch simply because there isn't anybody who can compete with them. they are too stacked. They were arguably the greatest team in NBA history and to then to go and add a guy like Durant was too much. I don't blame them for getting him, but it has effectively ruined the game for me. nobody is beating that group 4 times. the drama in sports is what makes it special and entertaining. that has been taken from the game.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Houston losing this series will give LeBron the opportunity to join them without completely gravy-training off their current success (unlike Kevin Durant). LeBron doesn't beat GW two years ago if Curry doesn't get hurt or Green doesn't go for his balls. Durant joining them was a joke.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        Houston losing this series will give LeBron the opportunity to join them without completely gravy-training off their current success (unlike Kevin Durant). LeBron doesn't beat GW two years ago if Curry doesn't get hurt or Green doesn't go for his balls. Durant joining them was a joke.
                        Nope. Terrible fit for what Lebron wants at this point in his career. Yes he plays a lot of iso ball, but with the ball in his hands. You think LBJ wants to stand and watch the beard dribble, shuffle, dribble, pull-up for a stepback 3, 30 time a game? No way. He wants to go play with younger (funner) players. Philly has to be the top contender. I don't know if they have the cap space, but the Pelicans would be a great fit too. Sadly, he will probably end up in LA with Paul George, and I can never root for him again .... expect when he is playing against GS or the Jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          i'd say their style is fun to watch, but they are not fun to watch simply because there isn't anybody who can compete with them. they are too stacked. They were arguably the greatest team in NBA history and to then to go and add a guy like Durant was too much. I don't blame them for getting him, but it has effectively ruined the game for me. nobody is beating that group 4 times. the drama in sports is what makes it special and entertaining. that has been taken from the game.
                          That's what ruined the game? You mean three steps, plus a Euro-step...not being travelling wasn't enough? Or the 8 guys standing on one side of the key while they Iso on the other side for 23 seconds of the shot clock?

The last time Lebron fouled out of a game was 4/9/17...the lack of consistency is what has taken the fun from the game.

College is much much better.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            I don't think the Warriors are a lock to win it all, but obviously I wouldn't mind. Last night's first half was very intense and as balanced as one could hope for.

It's strange how many (esp. on CB) rip on KD and the Warriors for coming together, as if they had some duty to spurn each other for the good of the league. Their success will be relatively short-lived in the eternal NBA scheme. And unlike some great teams, the core elements of the Warriors were homegrown, which (at least for me) makes their current success all the more admirable. I assume there isn't an NBA fan out there who wouldn't want their own team to do what the W's have done, offensive though it may be to the others. Sadly, this too shall pass, but it's a lot of fun for now. Over the past few years, the missus has become a big fan and much more knowledgeable about the game. We've watched together all but a handful of games the past five years. Think she might be a fair weather fan, though. TBD

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              I thought I hated both but then I watch the game and realize I hate Houston a helluva lot more.
                              This is what I experienced too. Thought I didn't care who won. Discovered that I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                Nope. Terrible fit for what Lebron wants at this point in his career. Yes he plays a lot of iso ball, but with the ball in his hands. You think LBJ wants to stand and watch the beard dribble, shuffle, dribble, pull-up for a stepback 3, 30 time a game? No way. He wants to go play with younger (funner) players. Philly has to be the top contender. I don't know if they have the cap space, but the Pelicans would be a great fit too. Sadly, he will probably end up in LA with Paul George, and I can never root for him again .... expect when he is playing against GS or the Jazz.
                                I agree that he can't go to Houston. That would give them 3 stars who need the ball - perhaps THE three players in the league who most need the ball in their hands. In order to beat GS, you have to not only have stars, but there has to be fit. You have to maximize their skillsets because that's how GS is constructed with their 4 stars.

It's also why Philly is a better fit than Houston, but still not a great fit because you aren't maximizing Simmons abilities as LeBron would dominate the ball.

IMO, in terms of realistic scenarios, the Lakers might be the best fit. Sign PG13, and put him and LeBron with Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, Hart and that group of talented youngsters, and they could be pretty damn formidable.

Other teams like Utah and Indiana would be pretty great fits as well - putting him next to Oladipo or Mitchell with the versatile rosters and shooters those teams bring to the table, but those are pipe dreams.

Give LeBron a secondary scorer, shooters and defense - he'll contend for a title.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X