Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    I've been saying this for some time now...

Pretty much every man ever has the potential to be accused of being guilty of "sexual assault", because the line and definition is being moved. What is "unwanted sexual advances"? I have an acquaintance that says claims she was "sexually assaulted" because she had a classmate ask her out to dinner 3 different times. The social outrage was so great that she is going to talk to an advisor at school to get counseling.

Now this is a far cry from Weinstien obviously, but it is now on the forefront of everyone's mind.

The biggest problem that I have with all of this is...proof. It is typically hearsay. Someone accuses someone, they are automatically guilty. No longer innocent until proven guilty, you are guilty if accused. Period.

1. Kevin Spacey was accused.
    2. SAME DAY, Netflix cancels House of Cards after Season 6 that is currently being shot.
    3. Netflix issues a SAME DAY statement announcing how they will keep everyone safe from Kevin Spacey. SAME DAY!

There is no burden of proof for a majority of this stuff. The serial predators are going to be legitimatized by the vast amount of accusers, but the one-off's are done. Careers are over.

The hypocrisy of the whole thing is that Kevin Spacey won an Academy Award in 1999 for American Beauty. He played a 42 year old man who sexually fantasized about his teenage daughters best friend.

1999 - Kevin Spacey portrays a man who is a predator of an underage child - Hollywood says "Academy Award".

2017 - Kevin Spacey is accused of being a predator of an underage child in 1986. - Hollywood says "die".

It's going to get much much worse folks.
    You don't see a difference between the two? Seriously?

Portraying something in a story doesn't condone it. Good grief, the bible features murder and incest.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Portraying something in a story doesn't condone it. Good grief, the bible features murder and incest.
      And The Ten Commandments won best picture.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Of course there is a difference in the two. I just find it ironic.

I just am bothered by the fact that everything is so reactionary now. Google American Beauty. People are saying that the movie and he should be stripped of their awards.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
          Of course there is a difference in the two. I just find it ironic.

I just am bothered by the fact that everything is so reactionary now. Google American Beauty. People are saying that the movie and he should be stripped of their awards.
          People are dumb.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• The hypocrisy of the whole thing is that Kevin Spacey won an Academy Award in 1999 for American Beauty. He played a 42 year old man who sexually fantasized about his teenage daughters best friend.
            Maybe they should take away his Oscar... his role in American Beauty was not a good demonstration of his acting ability.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not surprisingly, lots of Kevin Spacey abuse stories coming out now. So much for the "I must have been drunk" defense.
              Maybe he gets drunk a lot.
              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Maybe they should take away his Oscar... his role in American Beauty was not a good demonstration of his acting ability.
              Sure it was - in the movie, he was infatuated with a teenaged girl.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                And The Ten Commandments won best picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

1945-- Hollywood pooh poohs the Holocaust.

1994-- Schindler's List wins academy award for best picture and six others in various categories.

Hypocritical much, Hollywood?
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    1945-- Hollywood pooh poohs the Holocaust.

1996-- Schindler's List wins academy award for best picture.

Hypocritical much, Hollywood?

Comment

• I had to actually go back and fact check and edit my post.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• DNkSjriXUAEMOn4.jpg
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          [ATTACH]8320[/ATTACH]
                          That's an awesome graphic. I was also perplexed that his apology segued into a coming out party. "Actually I think I really am an ass man. I mean I still likes em big up top, but I need to do some soul searching and come to terms with this revelation. Thanks for your continued prayers and support."

Comment

Not surprisingly, lots of Kevin Spacey abuse stories coming out now. So much for the "I must have been drunk" defense.
                            Any normal innocent person would just say I didn’t do that and wouldn’t do that.

The whole “I don’t remember but must have been drunk” statement is so ridiculous. Who is giving him advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              Any normal innocent person would just say I didn’t do that and wouldn’t do that.

The whole “I don’t remember but must have been drunk” statement is so ridiculous. Who is giving him advice?
                              Especially if more accusations are likely to come out. This is blowing up:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/second...hotline-opened

This one has a semi-funny twist:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/481293...h-buy-silence/

He exposed himself to some kid and came on to him and then realized that was dumb and offered the kid a £5K watch to shut up. The kid takes the watch and the next day Spacey's "people" call him to try to get the watch back. He lied and told them he didn't have it but then sold it shortly thereafter for £3.2K.

Comment

• Louis CK’s accusers were about 3 months too early to be believed I guess.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X