Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood, heal thyself

Sexual harassment and rape accusations pile up against Harvey Weinstein

So I guess if you have acceptable politics, people look the other way, and even joke about it. These stories go back years, yet nobody said anything.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Sexual harassment and rape accusations pile up against Harvey Weinstein

So I guess if you have acceptable politics, people look the other way, and even joke about it.
    You could say the same about Fox News personalities. Roger Ailes was pretty vile, so was Pill Cosby. I don't think any of those men got away with it for their respective politics. . They had power. Weinstein could make or break on actor's career on a whim if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      You could say the same about Fox News personalities. Roger Ailes was pretty vile, so was Pill Cosby. I don't think any of those men got away with it for their respective politics. . They had power. Weinstein could make or break on actor's career on a whim if he wanted to.
      Yes, so all the more reason not to look the other way.

Oh, you groped me years ago? No problem.

rs_600x600-171010101214-600-gwyneth-paltrow-harvey-weinstein-oscars.jpg

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Hollywood seems to be imploding and everyone knew about this crap:

'You lie': Rose McGowan tells Ben Affleck to 'f*** off' and says he KNEW about Weinstein's sexual harassment claims in 1997 after the actor finally says he's 'sad and angry' after reading of producer's decades of abuse
        • Ben Affleck released a statement on Tuesday condemning Harvey Weinstein
        • He said the sex harassment allegations involving the film mogul made him sick
        • McGowan responded by saying she'd told Affleck of her own assault to his face
        • She said the star responded by saying 'I told him to stop doing that'
        • It's not clear when, but it's implied it was in 1997, after alleged assault happened
        • It may have been a promo for 1998 McGowan/Affleck/Weinstein flick Phantoms
        • Also in 1997, Affleck and Matt Damon's Good Will Hunting premiered
        • Weinstein produced the film, for which they won a best screenplay Oscar
        • Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie have both now revealed they were also subjected to unwanted advances by Weinstein

Rose McGowan slammed Ben Affleck as a liar Tuesday after he finally broke his silence over the sexual harassment and assault allegations leveled at Harvey Weinstein.
        Five days after the claims broke about the producer, who backed Affleck and Matt Damon's screenplay for Good Will Hunting, Affleck said that he was 'saddened and angry' over the claims.
        He also said that 'The additional allegations of assault that I read this morning made me sick,' and that he wants to see more support for women in the media.
        But McGowan, who was allegedly assaulted by Weinstein in 1997 and has been crusading against silence over Weinstein's grim past, stuck out at his claims to obliviousness.
        She tweeted: '@benaffleck "GODD*MNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT" you said that to my face. The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.'
        [...]
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Weinstein.html

Well at least Weinstein finally recognizes he has a problem and is getting some help.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, "I need counseling" has been the "go to" for these asses ever since BClinton went into therapy after finally fessing up to "not having sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski" from an intern in a room just off the Oval Office.

Matt Damon denies that he tried to 'kill a story' about Harvey Weinstein in 2004

Comment

It seems that Ben needs to take a trip to Europe himself...

THE PLOT THICKENS
            Ben Affleck Is Accused of Groping Actress Hilarie Burton

Hours after he made a statement condemning Harvey Weinstein's predatory behavior, Ben Affleck was accused of groping.

The pressure building on Ben Affleck over Harvey Weinstein's Hollywood sexual predation scandal exploded this morning after the actress Hilarie Burton claimed she was groped by the actor during his appearance on TRL, which she was then hosting, back in 2003.
            Burton’s allegation, made on Twitter, came just hours after Affleck issued a carefully worded statement condemning Weinstein's alleged three decades of assault and harassment of actresses, including Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow.
            Affleck's statement, which came after five days of studied silence, was quickly slammed by Rose McGowan, the actress who has been instrumental in exposing Weinstein.
            [...]
            https://www.thedailybeast.com/ben-af...hilarie-burton
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Casey Affleck won an (undeserved) Oscar recently despite recent sexual harassment allegations. Bravo Hollywood!
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                Casey Affleck won an (undeserved) Oscar recently despite recent sexual harassment allegations. Bravo Hollywood!
                Yeah, I am guessing he knew something and didn't speak up as well. How do you think Matt and Ben won their Oscars for that obviously fake story about the janitor that could do math?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

This has little to do with Hollywood or being liberal or conservative. It has everything to do with the fact that we are much more influenced by the primitive than civilization likes to admit.
                  We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

A little inside joke back in 2013...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Yeah, I am guessing he knew something and didn't speak up as well. How do you think Matt and Ben won their Oscars for that obviously fake story about the janitor that could do math?
                      Hey, come on. That movie featured the only Robin Williams performance that I liked.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Hey, come on. That movie featured the only Robin Williams performance that I liked.
                        Oh yeah, he got an Oscar for that movie too... maybe he knew something as well. (Wasn't that his only Oscar win?)
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Easy there Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            Easy there Chief.
                            Too soon?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Too soon?
                              Nah. I just enjoyed his performance as Mork from Ork. Also I liked the subtle way he called Matt Damon Chief with the undertone that if Matt continued he was going to get his ass kicked by an oldster.

Comment

Working...
                              X