Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    It's kind of hilarious how Franken isn't resigining anymore. I don't think he should resign, actually.

So much for all that moral high ground the Democrats fought so hard to seize by acting like they were pushing Franken out the door.
    Yep.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It's kind of hilarious how Franken isn't resigining anymore. I don't think he should resign, actually.

So much for all that moral high ground the Democrats fought so hard to seize by acting like they were pushing Franken out the door.
      He's not? He announced he's making the first of a series of final addresses re: various issues on the floor today. I didn't take that to mean he's not resigning, but if he thinks he can do some good and burn up some useful miles before he steps down, more power to him. (I don't think he needs to resign, either, but whatever.)
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Of course not. This was the plan from the beginning. He falls on his sword on a date to be named later only to be asked to stay by several in his party. He then reconsiders and stays.

Comment

• Self-reflection in politics is a charade just like everything else they do. In spite of all the current hand-wringing about defending a serial harasser/abuser 20 years ago, eventually they will rehabilitate Bill and Hillary and accept them back into the fold as well if they think they will deliver a few votes.

Comment

• This just in: Franken will resign January 2nd.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              This just in: Franken will resign January 2nd.
              Resign, not resign, now resign.

Make up your damned mind, Al!
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I think someone wanted him to autograph their "Make America Great Again" had, that had previously been signed by Trump.

Al's response was "I will NOT re-sign that."

Hence the confusion. He's going to resign - but not re-sign.

Comment

• Pat Leahy tested the waters on whether they could pull off the de-resignation move, apparently that wasn't going to work. Of course, Leahy is old school -- as in he was in the senate in 2009 -- back in the day they tolerated Ted Kennedy.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I can’t figure out if this is a parody tweet or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I can’t figure out if this is a parody tweet or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Male stars will wear what they always wear as a protest?!
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        We need to get some predictions going. Here are a few:

Chris Matthews
                        Al Sharpton
                        Charles Krauthammer
                        Alec Baldwin
                        Orrin Hatch
                        Cha-ching! That one was easy.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/16/nb...hris-matthews/
                        Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 01-01-2018, 09:15 AM.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

We need to get some predictions going. Here are a few:

Chris Matthews

Al Sharpton
                          Charles Krauthammer
                          Alec Baldwin
                          Orrin Hatch
                          Sheesh. I need to follow the news more closely.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...lywood-1054420

Comment

Sheesh. I need to follow the news more closely.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...lywood-1054420
                            Baldwin does an awful Trump impression tho so his career is safe.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Baldwin's Trump is indeed awful.

Comment

Al Franken resigned yesterday.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X