Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
    Matt Lauer
    That was swift. Must be pretty damning if they cut ties that quickly.

Comment

• What a bunch of woker-than-thou pigs.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Matt Lauer
        I actually like him, and I like few people in the media.
        Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 11-29-2017, 07:32 AM.
        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• That’s a shocker. Wow.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Sexual Impropriety in the house!!!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              That’s a shocker. Wow.
              We don’t know that. I suggest we wait for more facts to come out before jumping to such racy conclusions.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                We don’t know that. I suggest we wait for more facts to come out before jumping to such racy conclusions.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Matt Lauer
                  "NBC News chairman Andrew Lack told colleagues in a memo Wednesday that the outlet received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace—reportedly while Lauer was covering the Rio Olympic Games in 2016."

Blame it on Rio.

Comment

• Garrison Keillor.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      That was swift. Must be pretty damning if they cut ties that quickly.
                      My guess is they already knew about some or all of it and had been evaluating it for some time. They also likely knew that he was being investigated by the NYT and others. When the victim came forward it gave them the perfect opportunity to get ahead of the message, look proactive and do what seems to be the right thing. I also suspect that as some of you have said Lauer either did not deny or admitted some of the key elements of the claim. It is sad and sobering.

I asked my wife (who has a very successful professional career) if she has ever experienced this sort of behavior in a work place. She said she had not but had heard about such behavior. She then reminded me that the most offensive and sexist event she had ever been at was a Christmas party with my former firm's partners where very sexist and inappropriate jokes were told. She said that if those jokes were allowed and encouraged (and they were, tbh) then the place could not have been a good environment for women. It made me feel a bit daft listening to her, as I recall the evening, agreed at the time that it was inappropriate, but did not do or say anything about it (at least not until the following year when asked to explain why she did not attend).
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Garrison Keillor.
                        Yeah, the day after this editorial appeared in the Washington Post

Al Franken should resign? That’s absurd.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Garrison Keillor.

Comment

• not shocking that garrison keillor is a deviant.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              not shocking that garrison keillor is a deviant.
                              He always gave me the creeps

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                not shocking that garrison keillor is a deviant.
                                We need to get some predictions going. Here are a few:

Chris Matthews
                                Al Sharpton
                                Charles Krauthammer
                                Alec Baldwin
                                Orrin Hatch

Comment

Working...
                                X