Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [YOUTUBE]8XlhRL3D3Sw[/YOUTUBE]
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Comment

• Wow. Maybe Lauer really is worth $25 M a year if he can keep a straight face and be that sanctimonious while [allegedly] engaging in the same behavior.

Comment

• Maybe Lauer can go on O'Reilly's show to commiserate.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Yeah, the day after this editorial appeared in the Washington Post

Al Franken should resign? That’s absurd.

And a year after his commentary appeared in the Chicago Tribune...

Donald Trump is done

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• [Alleged] details on Lauer.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/mat...en-1202625959/

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.
            Lauer, who was paranoid about being followed by tabloid reporters, grew more emboldened at 30 Rockefeller Center as his profile rose following Katie Couric’s departure from “Today” in 2006. His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him, according to two women who were sexually harassed by Lauer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              I read that. Yikes, that was bad.

Comment

Wow. No wonder NBC pulled the trigger so quick (assuming they haven't been sitting on this for years).

This type of behavior is so bizarre to me. It makes me wonder how many people surrounding me have acted in this way and it just hasn't come out, or they are too insignificant for it to be a big deal.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Andy Rubin

Andy Rubin, Android Creator, Steps Away From Firm Amid Misconduct Report

I am never using an Android device again!
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Based on what we are seeing from Hollywood, it seems 1 in about 3 men, like to expose their penis to random women in hopes she is turned on and climbs aboard. I can think of about 4-5 members of this board who give me the creeps and probably engage in acts like this. So I am not surprised.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Also, as bad as this Lauer stuff is, I'm not sure I agree with this bit from the story:

Insiders say that NBC was forced to act quickly after this week’s complaint, given the severity of the accusations and the national dialogue around sexual harassment that has ended the careers of Harvey Weinstein, Charlie Rose, Kevin Spacey, Louis C.K. and other prominent men.
                      I doubt this is the end of all of these guys' careers. Weinstein and Rose,, probably yes, but I won't be surprised to see Kevin Spacey or Louis C.K. on screen again.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Andy Rubin

Andy Rubin, Android Creator, Steps Away From Firm Amid Misconduct Report

I am never using an Android device again!
                        Starting 10 years ago!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          I won't be surprised to see Kevin Spacey or Louis C.K. on screen again.
                          Louis C.K. is one joke about whipping it out (come to think of it, there was an entire episode of Louie dedicated to a childhood incident of his which probably is largely responsible for his particular psychosis/penchant for "whipping it out") from a comeback.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            bill maher. less than even money on that one.
                            Yup I liked how Larry David put it in his SNL monologue — “I can’t help but notice that many of these guys are Jews!”

Comment

• Man... How can Matt Lauer be so confident and smug with his O'Reilly interview knowing what he himself does/did and knowing that it probably will all come out eventually?

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                bill maher. less than even money on that one.
                                Geraldo. Or is he just so obvious that people think it's a given?

Wolf Blitzer

Gregg gutfeldt
                                Please, tell me Juan Williams is clean
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X