Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffrey Tambor come on down...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...bor/873288001/
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Comment

• Wonder how long until we hear about Ted “Jailbait” Nugent?

Comment

• Add Charlie Rose to the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.d78035c27901

Eight women have told The Washington Post that longtime television host Charlie Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas.

The women were employees or aspired to work for Rose at the “Charlie Rose” show from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011. They ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged encounters. Rose, 75, whose show airs on PBS, also co-hosts “CBS This Morning” and is a contributing correspondent for “60 Minutes.”
        Most of the women said Rose alternated between fury and flattery in his interactions with them. Five described Rose putting his hand on their legs, sometimes their upper thigh, in what they perceived as a test to gauge their reactions. Two said that while they were working for Rose at his residences or were traveling with him on business, he emerged from the shower and walked naked in front of them. One said he groped her buttocks at a staff party.

Kyle Godfrey-Ryan, one of Rose’s assistants in the mid-2000s, recalled at least a dozen instances where Rose walked nude in front of her while she worked in one of his New York City homes. He also repeatedly called the then-21-year-old late at night or early in the morning to describe his fantasies of her swimming naked in the Bellport pool as he watched from his bedroom, she said.

“It feels branded into me, the details of it,” Godfrey-Ryan said.

She said she told Yvette Vega, Rose’s longtime executive producer, about the calls.

“I explained how he inappropriately spoke to me during those times,” Godfrey-Ryan said. “She would just shrug and just say, ‘That’s just Charlie being Charlie.’ ”
        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
        SU

Comment

• I really appreciated Matthew Dowd's opinion that the Clarence Thomas confirmation gave license to Bill Clinton to rape Juanita Broaddrick in 1978.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• What is it with old dudes thinking exposing themselves is attractive?!?
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• The next celebrity to fall should consult this before issuing an apology. It does a better job than some of the serious ones we’ve seen:

https://apologygenerator.com/
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• John Lasseter, co-founder of Pixar and Chief Creative Officer of both Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios. He is taking a leave of absence announced by a vague memo mentioning "missteps".

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ssteps-1057113

I have said before that I am a bit uncomfortable with all harassment and assault being lumped into the same category in this wave, but I believe things will improve as a result of this reckoning. And one way to avoid getting caught up in the wave is to not only refraining from raping your coworkers, but also don't grab their boobs and butts either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  John Lasseter, co-founder of Pixar and Chief Creative Officer of both Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios. He is taking a leave of absence announced by a vague memo mentioning "missteps".

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ssteps-1057113

I have said before that I am a bit uncomfortable with all harassment and assault being lumped into the same category in this wave, but I believe things will improve as a result of this reckoning. And one way to avoid getting caught up in the wave is to not only refraining from raping your coworkers, but also don't grab their boobs and butts either.
                  Oh great.

I hope I can still admire Lasseter. His movies are all-time greats. I guess we'll know soon enough.
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    The next celebrity to fall should consult this before issuing an apology. It does a better job than some of the serious ones we’ve seen:

That's great

I have little sympathy for any of these guys losing income or their jobs or anything else. They weren't ashamed or remorseful enough to admit it on their own. It wasn't until their victims came forward that they felt remorse, asked for forgiveness and put themselves into therapy/rehab. People like Charlie Rose make me sick. They guy made tons of money all while being a serial sex abuser. He's now 70+ years old, has lived the good life, and will vanish into the sunset. Sure, his legacy will be tarnished, but that's little to pay for what he did.

These real statements are so lame. Weinstein, Rose, C.K., and all can rot in hell for all I care.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      The next celebrity to fall should consult this before issuing an apology. It does a better job than some of the serious ones we’ve seen:

While I do not recall the events at the 2009 Golden Globes Party transpiring the same way, my actions do not align with my values, nor represent who I am as a person. It was a very long time ago, and of course now I realize my behavior was wrong. In conclusion, I will devote my life to finding the real Golden Globes party molester.
                      As a male feminist, the allegations against me are troubling. It was a very long time ago, and of course now I realize my behavior was wrong. In conclusion, I have chosen to live my life as a gay man so if you say anything bad about me now you’re homophobic.
                      As a person who was born in an era before women were “people,” I feel tremendously guilty now that the things I did have been made public. I imagined that any woman would have been thrilled to see a tiny penis peeking out from below my pasty, middle-aged paunch like the head of a geriatric albino turtle moments from death, and of course now I realize my behavior was wrong. In conclusion, I will not change anything about my actions or behavior.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Nick Carter is up next.

Singer Melissa Schuman alleges that Carter raped her when she was 18 and he 22.
                        In a November 18 post to her blog, Melissa Explains It All, Schuman details the alleged assault.
                        He and I were casted in the same made for T.V. movie.
                        I was no longer in a relationship and now single. My first impression of him, he was kind and charismatic so when he asked if I’d like to hang out with him and his friend at his Santa Monica apartment on our off day of shooting, I said yes. I invited my roommate to come with me.
                        That evening my friend and I arrived to a barely furnished apartment. No dining room furniture, No living room furniture. Just a TV and a game console which both the guys were playing on.
                        My abuser, 22, provided liquor for the get together and asked us what we would like to drink. We all took a shot and proceeded to the living room to play some video games. This wasn’t a crazy house party, just a casual hangout. We were laughing, talking, nothing out of the norm.
                        Soon after, he asked me if I would like to come into his office and listen to some new music he was working on. I agreed and was eager to hear his new music.
                        I could draw a diagram of the layout of this apartment. Barely there furniture throughout with the exception of the office. He took my hand and led me down the hallway to the office. He went to his computer and started to play the music he was working on, he turned off the light and we sat there in the computer light listening to his new stuff. And naturally we started to kiss. He was aware that I was a virgin and that I held to religious conservative christian values. I was vocal about this. Everyone knew about this, including those who repped me.
                        Now this is where things take a turn and gets graphic. I want to warn you that what I will be disclosing next describes graphic, violent sexual behavior. Please continue reading at your own discretion.
                        After kissing for a moment, he took my hand and brought me into the bathroom adjacent to his office. He shut the door and we continued to kiss. I asked him what we were doing in there. He didn’t respond and continued to kiss me. He then pick me up, put me on the bathroom counter and started to unbutton my pants. I told him I didn’t want to go any further.
                        He didn’t listen.
                        He didn’t care.
                        http://news3lv.com/news/entertainmen...sexual-assault
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• thought nick carter was gay?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            thought nick carter was gay?
                            Maybe thinking of Lance Bass.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Maybe thinking of Lance Bass.
                              oh i think of him plenty
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Matt Lauer
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X