Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Women Accuse New York’s Attorney General of Physical Abuse

Eric Schneiderman has raised his profile as a voice against sexual misconduct. Now, after suing Harvey Weinstein, he faces a #MeToo reckoning of his own.

Eric Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, has long been a liberal Democratic champion of women’s rights, and recently he has become an outspoken figure in the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment. As New York State’s highest-ranking law-enforcement officer, Schneiderman, who is sixty-three, has used his authority to take legal action against the disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein, and to demand greater compensation for the victims of Weinstein’s alleged sexual crimes. Last month, when the Times and this magazine were awarded a joint Pulitzer Prize for coverage of sexual harassment, Schneiderman issued a congratulatory tweet, praising “the brave women and men who spoke up about the sexual harassment they had endured at the hands of powerful men.” Without these women, he noted, “there would not be the critical national reckoning under way.”
    [...]
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...physical-abuse

When Schneiderman was violent, he often made sexual demands. “He was obsessed with having a threesome, and said it was my job to find a woman,” she says. “He said he’d have nothing to look forward to if I didn’t, and would hit me until I agreed.” (She had no intention of having a threesome.) She recalls, “Sometimes, he’d tell me to call him Master, and he’d slap me until I did.” Selvaratnam, who was born in Sri Lanka, has dark skin, and she recalls that “he started calling me his ‘brown slave’ and demanding that I repeat that I was ‘his property.’ ”

The abuse escalated. Schneiderman not only slapped her across the face, often four or five times, back and forth, with his open hand; he also spat at her and choked her. “He was cutting off my ability to breathe,” she says. Eventually, she says, “we could rarely have sex without him beating me.” In her view, Schneiderman “is a misogynist and a sexual sadist.” She says that she often asked him to stop hurting her, and tried to push him away. At other times, she gave in, rationalizing that she could tolerate the violence if it happened only once a week or so during sex. But “the emotional and verbal abuse started increasing,” she says, and “the belittling and demeaning of me carried over into our nonsexual encounters.” He told her to get plastic surgery to remove scars on her torso that had resulted from an operation to remove cancerous tumors. He criticized her hair and said that she should get breast implants and buy different clothes. He mocked some of her friends as “ditzes,” and, when these women attended a birthday celebration for her, he demanded that she leave just as the cake was arriving. “I began to feel like I was in Hell,” she says.
    What a sick dude.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Oh no... not the voice of Vancouver's transit system!

Women accuse Morgan Freeman of inappropriate behavior, harassment

A young production assistant thought she had landed the job of her dreams when, in the summer of 2015, she started work on "Going In Style," a bank heist comedy starring Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin.

But the job quickly devolved into several months of harassment, she told CNN. She alleges that Freeman subjected her to unwanted touching and comments about her figure and clothing on a near-daily basis. Freeman would rest his hand on her lower back or rub her lower back, she said.
      In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."
      [...]
      https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/enter...ons/index.html
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Add Chris Hardwick to the list.

https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-col...s-6be0594970ca
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          There goes another podcast I didn't listen to.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            his standup was garbage so this does not surprise me
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• OMG... did Weinstein work for google too?

Harvey Weinstein accused of sexually assaulting 16-year-old girl: report

An aspiring actress says she was a 16-year-old virgin when disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted her in New York, according to an amended Manhattan federal racketeering lawsuit filed Wednesday.

The woman, a former model from Poland identified only as Jane Doe in the court papers, said that after agreeing to meet for a business lunch in 2002, Weinstein instead took her to his Soho apartment.

“…Weinstein wasted no time in aggressively and threateningly demanding sex,” the suit alleges. He told the distraught starlet that if she wanted to be an actress she had to give in to his perverted desires.
              [...]
              https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ld-girl-report
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Barbra Streisand says Michael Jackson’s accusers were ‘thrilled to be there’ and his ‘sexual needs were his sexual needs’
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• She is a truly disgusting human being for saying things like that.
                  Last edited by frank ryan; 03-23-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Makes me wonder what kind of skeletons are in Bab's closet with an attitude like that...

Comment

• Orange Ute is rolling over in his CS grave.!
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Makes me wonder what kind of skeletons are in Bab's closet with an attitude like that...

It makes me wonder why she still sells album but Roseanne Barr doesn’t have a job.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          It makes me wonder why she still sells album but Roseanne Barr doesn’t have a job.
                          Does she still sell albums?

Comment

• Barbara Streisand's comments are disgusting.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Does she still sell albums?
                              I hope not. Not after that.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                I hope not. Not after that.
                                Can you imagine how much fun her publicist/agent/etc are having right now? Haha.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X