Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    That's a pretty decent apology IMO. Who besides himself is he blaming?
    Meh.

A: he talks about how he asked first to show them his dick. That's one thing, but then forcing them to watch him jerkoff? Come on.
    B: Call me cynical, but I gurantee there were many more instances than those 5 woman

Comment

That's a pretty decent apology IMO. Who besides himself is he blaming?
      yeah, he takes responsibility and apologizes in an empathetic and non patronizing way.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• It's definitely far better than the reaction of anyone else who has been accused in this wave.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          Meh.

A: he talks about how he asked first to show them his dick. That's one thing, but then forcing them to watch him jerkoff? Come on.
          B: Call me cynical, but I gurantee there were many more instances than those 5 woman
          No doubt he was pressured to make it, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were more women. And there's possibly even worse allegations. It would have been much more powerful had it came after the allegations first came out. Still, it's more remorseful than what we typically see.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

No doubt he was pressured to make it, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were more women. And there's possibly even worse allegations. It would have been much more powerful had it came after the allegations first came out. Still, it's more remorseful than what we typically see.
            I can agree with that. It's me being cynical for sure.

Comment

• That seems pretty good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• yeah apologies probably mean very little to the victims of stuff like this and they are mostly self-serving but that is about as good as you can do.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• On it goes...

This Writer Says Rolling Stone Founder Jann Wenner Offered Him Work In Exchange For Sex

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeor...x3A#.caOanAoz9

The invitation that started with such high expectations ended, he told BuzzFeed News, with an offer of career advancement in exchange for sex.

Sitting in Wenner’s corner office, Ryan did his best “to seem incredibly knowledgeable and professional,” while Wenner leaned back with his feet on the table. Ryan left with an assignment for Men’s Journal.

Ryan said Wenner called now and then to check in, then again one evening with an invitation to his Upper West Side townhouse.

The publisher greeted his guest, fixed him a drink — “like a sidecar; one of those old, fancy, mid-century lowball glasses,” Ryan recently recalled — and sat with him on a couch. Wenner had been out as gay for 10 years by that point, and Ryan said he was aware that he might have expectations, but the young writer figured he could hold the line. Then suddenly, said Ryan, his host pounced.
                  At the suggestion that anyone else might know about their encounter, Ryan said, “It was like the entire temperature of the room changed in a flash.” Wenner “got very upset and was pseudo-threatening of how bad it could be if this got out.”

Ryan recalls feeling terrified. “All of a sudden I was the bad guy and I felt like I was in the hot seat and being grilled.”

He got up to leave. He was in the foyer, he said, when Wenner made him an offer: Stay, and I’ll give you a writing contract.

“I think there was that moment where it’s like time stood still, and you’re imagining how this could be the answer to all my struggles. All I would have to do is this one thing,” Ryan said. “But that’s not me. I would never do that.”
                  One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                  SU

Comment

• George Takei is up next. Sounds like he's being accused of drugging someone and then trying to take advantage.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...1981/23274049/

"The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear," Brunton says. "I came to and said, 'What are you doing?!' I said, 'I don't want to do this.' He goes, 'You need to relax. I am just trying to make you comfortable. Get comfortable.' And I said, 'No. I don't want to do this.' And I pushed him off and he said, 'OK, fine.' And I said I am going to go and he said, 'If you feel you must. You're in no condition to drive.' I said, 'I don't care I want to go.' So I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked. I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that."
                    Takei of course refutes the accusation

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      George Takei is up next. Sounds like he's being accused of drugging someone and then trying to take advantage.

Sorry George, I didn't feel shocked to read them. Not one bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        George Takei is up next. Sounds like he's being accused of drugging someone and then trying to take advantage.

Oh no! Not Sulu. I could see Kirk but never Sulu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Captain Kirk would never have to drug somebody to sex them up. Even aliens give it up for the Captain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Say it isn’t so, Takei. You are quite the noble justice warrior on Facebook.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

giphy.jpg
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                                If you need a scorecard to keep track of this, USA Today is taking time off of their chainsaw bayonet coverage to keep a running list for you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ent/827004001/
                                I didn't see Richard Dreyfuss on the list.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=51073059

I guess it takes a disgusting, dangerous pig to know one....

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X