Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Why should she give t back anyway? It’s not like Weinstein made that money from groping people. It’s not exactly blood money. Sure, she shouldn’t have accepted it if she knew the details about him, but it’s weird to expect her to give t back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, she's not going to, so I guess there's nothing to worry about.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Did anyone listen to the covert recording linked in the New Yorker article? Weinstein pleads, begs and commands a young model/actress to come into his hotel room for 5 minutes while he showers. She repeatedly says no and finally gets away. Weinstein sounds so desperate to get her in there. Clearly he was in need of his "fix" that night.
      Listened to it on CNN last night. Very creepy. Also the news reporter who claims he cornered her in a
      restaurant basement and then proceeded to “pleasure himself” in front of her. Hurricane Harvey has taken on a whole new meaning.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Hillary 2020! The (other) comeback kid.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Why should she give t back anyway? It’s not like Weinstein made that money from groping people. It’s not exactly blood money. Sure, she shouldn’t have accepted it if she knew the details about him, but it’s weird to expect her to give t back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You must be her political adviser and life coach.

Sure, you can argue that she doesn't need to give the money back, that it didn't come from the bad behavior (and someone I'm sure can argue otherwise). But what "should" she do and say in this situation? Her answer shows how clueless she is to how she looks and comes across. This argumentative approach, saying that there is no one to give the money back to (what?), and then saying she will take care of all of this at the end of the year when she give 10% of her income to charity. That just raises a lot more questions. Are you giving all the money to charity? Or just part of it? Can you do that with political donations? Which charities? And are you just going to count that as part of your 10%, or in addition to your 10%?

No doubt she anticipated this question would be asked, and that is the answer she came up with. She's defensive (maybe for good reason?). How about a full-throated "We gave all the money back. I wrote the check yesterday." or " We gave all the money to such-and-such charity that focuses on women victims of sexual abuse?" followed by another condemnation of this behavior.

This is why we have Trump as our president.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            You must be her political adviser and life coach.

Sure, you can argue that she doesn't need to give the money back, that it didn't come from the bad behavior (and someone I'm sure can argue otherwise). But what "should" she do and say in this situation? Her answer shows how clueless she is to how she looks and comes across. This argumentative approach, saying that there is no one to give the money back to (what?), and then saying she will take care of all of this at the end of the year when she give 10% of her income to charity. That just raises a lot more questions. Are you giving all the money to charity? Or just part of it? Can you do that with political donations? Which charities? And are you just going to count that as part of your 10%, or in addition to your 10%?

No doubt she anticipated this question would be asked, and that is the answer she came up with. She's defensive (maybe for good reason?). How about a full-throated "We gave all the money back. I wrote the check yesterday." or " We gave all the money to such-and-such charity that focuses on women victims of sexual abuse?" followed by another condemnation of this behavior.

Hear hear.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I thought this was only just a Weiner Weinstein thing...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Makes total sense. We accept a male who actually sexually harassed people over a female who accepted money from someone who sexually harassed people and said dumb things about it.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  Makes total sense. We accept a male who actually sexually harassed people over a female who accepted money from someone who sexually harassed people and said dumb things about it.
                  Nothing about Trump being president makes sense. But Hillary is perhaps the only person in America that could have lost to him, and she seems intent on spending the rest of her life reminding us of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Nothing about Trump being president makes sense. But Hillary is perhaps the only person in America that could have lost to him, and she seems intent on spending the rest of her life reminding us of that.

If the democrats were smart they would distance themselves from Hillary just like if the republicans were smart they would distance themselves from Drumpf. I don't even see enough collective intelligence in both parties to do that.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I thought this was only just a Weiner Weinstein thing...
                      We just elected a president with a history of doing the same thing.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        We just elected another president with a history of doing the same thing.
                        fify

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          fify
                          Haha. Good catch.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            We just elected a[nother] president with a history of doing the same thing.
                            Yeah, birds of a feather...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

My favorite conspiracy radio entertainment in the morning is sounding off on this now.

Apparently most of the Hollywood studios and content distribution companies are owned by China. Who isn't owned by China? Weinstein's company. This is all just an elaborate scheme by China to force Weinstein to sell his company so that they can pick it up and further their means of controlling the media and messages the American people hear out of Hollywood.

Comment

Hollywood, heal thyself

Yeah, birds of a feather...
                                There is no event for which UT can't find some meaningless connection.
                                Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-16-2017, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X