Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Nah. I just enjoyed his performance as Mork from Ork. Also I liked the subtle way he called Matt Damon Chief with the undertone that if Matt continued he was going to get his ass kicked by an oldster.
    Hey come on. I said I liked that performance too!

Mork from Ork? Pass.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
      This has little to do with Hollywood or being liberal or conservative. It has everything to do with the fact that we are much more influenced by the primitive than civilization likes to admit.
      I agree with a lot of this.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
        This has little to do with Hollywood or being liberal or conservative. It has everything to do with the fact that we are much more influenced by the primitive than civilization likes to admit.
        WHile I think this is largely correct, I am very reluctant to apply it in any particular case as I believe that any one of us, including Weinstein, has an obligation to rise above the primitive and I don't think anyone should take comfort or find refuge in the broader explanation.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Hey, come on. That movie featured the only Robin Williams performance that I liked.
          You didn't like Hook? You lewd, crude, rude, bag of pre-chewed food dude!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            You didn't like Hook? You lewd, crude, rude, bag of pre-chewed food dude!
            Haha. I get the heebs just thinking of that awful movie.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Haha. I get the heebs just thinking of that awful movie.
              What about Patch Adams?
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                What about Patch Adams?

Comment

Awakenings?
                  Good Morning Viet nam?
                  Dead Poets Society??
                  MRS. DOUBTFIRE??!?
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Awakenings?
                    Good Morning Viet nam?
                    Dead Poets Society??
                    MRS. DOUBTFIRE??!?
                    And what about his animated voice work? Aladdin? and Happy Feet (or whatever that penguin movie was called)? Both hilarious roles.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I'm with I didn't like Robin Williams. I also don't like Jim Carrey. They are too over-the-top and give off a creepy vibe.

Comment

WHile I think this is largely correct, I am very reluctant to apply it in any particular case as I believe that any one of us, including Weinstein, has an obligation to rise above the primitive and I don't think anyone should take comfort or find refuge in the broader explanation.
                        Yes. I'm not trying to make an excuse for Weinstein, but the larger cultural problem persists and our inability to deal with it is often unaddressed. I've been reading a great book on the subject, Sex at Dawn by Ryan and Jetha.
                        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

I'm with creekster. Lebowski is out of his mind. Robin Williams was brilliant.

Comment

Awakenings?
                            Good Morning Viet nam?
                            Dead Poets Society??
                            MRS. DOUBTFIRE??!?
                            Awakenings wasn't bad.
                            Mrs. Doubtfire had some funny moments.
                            DPS was too pretentious.
                            Don't recall much about GMV.

Comment

I loved Mork and Mindy. I liked Awakenings because my BIO 101 professor talked it up, so I watched it and agreed. I haven't seen Good Will Hunting, so I feel I can't make a definitive evaluation of his movie work until I do.

That said, it is going to have to be a blockbuster role in GWH for me to alter my opinion of his movies. He played the same smirky role in everything I've seen so far. Pretty lame.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                I loved Mork and Mindy. I liked Awakenings because my BIO 101 professor talked it up, so I watched it and agreed. I haven't seen Good Will Hunting, so I feel I can't make a definitive evaluation of his movie work until I do.

That said, it is going to have to be a blockbuster role in GWH for me to alter my opinion of his movies. He played the same smirky role in everything I've seen so far. Pretty lame.
                                GWH?

Comment

Working...
                                X