Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Say it isn’t so, Takei. You are quite the noble justice warrior on Facebook.
    I’ll admit that the Takei accusation is less credible than most others. It was 40 years ago so corroborating it would be difficult. If other accusers come out, then I’d be more inclined to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      I didn't see Richard Dreyfuss on the list.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=51073059

I guess it takes a disgusting, dangerous pig to know one....

It was his father's fault.

Dreyfuss, who is perhaps best known for his roles in films including "American Graffiti," "Jaws," and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," said that in the late 1970s he became "an a----- — the kind of performative masculine man my father had modeled for me to be."

"I lived by the motto, 'If you don’t flirt, you die.' And flirt I did. I flirted with all women, be they actresses, producers, or 80-year-old grandmothers. I even flirted with those who were out of bounds, like the wives of some of my best friends, which especially revolts me. I disrespected myself, and I disrespected them, and ignored my own ethics, which I regret more deeply than I can express," he stated. "During those years I was swept up in a world of celebrity and drugs — which are not excuses, just truths. Since then I have had to redefine what it means to be a man, and an ethical man. I think every man on Earth has or will have to grapple with this question. But I am not an assaulter."
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Ted Nugent deserves an honorable mention, what with him becoming the legal guardian of his underage girlfriend when was 30 in order to have her live with him. Plus the lovely lyrics to Jailbait:

Well, I don’t care if you’re just 13

You look too good to be true

I just know that you’re probably clean...

Jailbait you look fine, fine, fine...

It’s quite alright, I asked your mama

Wait a minute, officer

Don’t put those handcuffs on me

Put them on her, and I’ll share her with you

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry...b_4840060.html
        Last edited by frank ryan; 11-11-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• George Takei just blamed Russia for spreading the sexual assault accusation against him

Following a recent accusation alleging George Takei sexually assaulted a man in 1981, the Star Trek actor is placing blame on an unlikely source — the Russians.
          [...]
          https://mic.com/articles/186033/geor...him#.I8WD2IaiJ

I bet that freak'n Chekov is behind all of this!

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 11-12-2017, 06:17 PM.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            https://mic.com/articles/186033/geor...him#.I8WD2IaiJ

I bet that freak'n Chekov is behind all of this!

Ok, that was funny.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Bill Clinton: A Reckoning

Called “Feminists and the Clinton Question,” it was written in March of 1998, when Paula Jones’s harassment claim was working its way through court. It was printed seven days after Kathleen Willey’s blockbuster 60 Minutes interview with Ed Bradley. If all the various allegations were true, wrote Steinem, Bill Clinton was “a candidate for sex addiction therapy.” To her mind, the most “credible” accusations were those of Willey, whom she noted was “old enough to be Monica Lewinsky’s mother.” And then she wrote the fatal sentences that invalidated the new understanding of workplace sexual harassment as a moral and legal wrong: “Even if the allegations are true, the President is not guilty of sexual harassment. He is accused of having made a gross, dumb, and reckless pass at a supporter during a low point in her life. She pushed him away, she said, and it never happened again. In other words, President Clinton took ‘no’ for an answer.”

Steinem said the same was true of Paula Jones. These were not crimes; they were “passes.” Broaddrick was left out by Steinem, who revealed herself as a combination John and Bobby Kennedy of the feminist movement: the fair-haired girl and the bareknuckle fixer. The widespread liberal response to the sex crime accusations against Bill Clinton found their natural consequence 20 years later in the behavior of Harvey Weinstein: Stay loudly and publicly and extravagantly on the side of signal leftist causes and you can do what you want in the privacy of your offices and hotel rooms. But the mood of the country has changed. We are in a time when old monuments are coming down and when men are losing their careers over things they did to women a long time ago.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                Yes, it seems Bill Clinton's victims have been rather vocal lately and formed support groups with other women...

Maybe the Alabama cowboy and Bill can share a cell.
                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 11-14-2017, 08:18 AM.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  I read that this morning. Interesting to see some regret from the left about covering for Bill.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• i know this is a wild proposition, but maybe two different people can each in fact be bad independently of the other
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      i know this is a wild proposition, but maybe two different people can each in fact be bad independently of the other
                      Roy Moore can have his own thread, but everyone else is stuck with this one.
                      One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                      SU

Comment

• Add John Travolta

John Travolta Accused Of 'Sexual Battery' By Male Massage Therapist

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23553/...emily-zanotti#
                        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

SU

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                          Add John Travolta

John Travolta Accused Of 'Sexual Battery' By Male Massage Therapist

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23553/...emily-zanotti#
                          that’s not a new one, right?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            that’s not a new one, right?
                            I don't know. At this point it is easier to assume all men in Hollywood (and most politicians) are pigs.

Woot

SU

Comment

• This happened in Utah

Tom Sizemore Was Removed From Movie Set for Allegedly Violating 11-Year Old Girl

A dozen cast and crewmembers tell THR that the actor was sent home after the girl told her parents about the incident.
                              Actor Tom Sizemore was told to leave a Utah film set in 2003 after an 11-year-old actress told her mother that he had touched her genitals, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Months later, he returned for reshoots in Malibu after her parents declined to press charges. The incident has never been revealed publicly.

When contacted, the now 26-year-old former actress, whom THR is not identifying at her request, declined to address the matter except to note that she's recently hired a lawyer to explore legal action against the actor as well as her parents. Sizemore declined to address the situation. "Our position is 'no comment,'" says his agent Stephen Rice.

THR spoke to a dozen people involved with the production of the film, a crime thriller called Born Killers (shot as Piggy Banks). They confirmed Sizemore was sent home over the alleged incident. According to these cast- and crewmembers, rumors swirled and emotions rose on set over what had allegedly transpired.

Sizemore, notorious for his long rap sheet that includes charges of drug use and battery against women, has not previously been accused of molestation. An actor with a tough-guy image then at the height of his scandal-driven infamy, when the Utah incident occurred he'd recently been convicted of physically abusing and harassing his ex-girlfriend, the former "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...d-girl-1057629

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                This happened in Utah

Tom Sizemore Was Removed From Movie Set for Allegedly Violating 11-Year Old Girl

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...d-girl-1057629
                                No SOL on that. Could still be prosecuted if some enterprising DA decided to make some hay in the current political climate.

Also, the thing in that or another article that was the most disturbing was that the girl's parents declined to press charges because they didn't want the girl to be removed from the movie cast. Talk about messed up priorities.
                                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X