No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile this 2 point conversion counted.

BTW, thanks NFL for forcing people to upload videos taken off of people filming their TV screens. Way to grow the sport idiots.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I watched the Dez Bryant play from a few years ago, that one was worse than the Jesse James call.

The Calvin Johnson play is the worst I've ever seen.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        I went through the ESPN playoff generator again. As it turns out, if Green Bay wins out, Seattle loses @ Dallas, and Atlanta loses @ New Orleans, then Green Bay is in. I don't believe that is the only scenario they get in, but it's certainly a possible one. For example, the Rams could win in Seattle this week. But probably the most important game for GB aside from their own is Atlanta @ New Orleans. For some reason if Atlanta wins that game but then loses at home to the Panthers in the last week, GB is out.

Also to add to that scenario, should GB make it, then Rodgers will either be playing in LA for the opportunity to play Philly the following week -- of course without Wentz -- or will play against Brees in the first round.
        They were saying during the game yesterday that if GB lost, and Atlanta won tonight - GB was done - GB lost, so there hopes are about done.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
          They were saying during the game yesterday that if GB lost, and Atlanta won tonight - GB was done - GB lost, so there hopes are about done.
          Atlanta is playing the Bucs tonight. In other words, they're likely done. Aaron Rodgers looked like hadn't played in around 2-3 months.

It looks like Philly will be #1, Minny #2, LA #3 and New Orleans #4 -- with #s 2-4 all playing really well. Brees sitting there at #4 and probably playing Philly in the divisional round and then possibly going against Keenum or Goff in the NFC Championship. Brees is getting old, but the Saints had a great draft. Kamara and Lattimore might be the offensive and defensive rookies of the year. I'm sure glad the Niners traded the Alvin Kamara pick for the privlege of moving up around 5-6 spots in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
            Atlanta needs to lose tonight to help the Cowboys... They just got Elliot back so they can run all over the Seabombers next week just like the Rams did on Sunday.

GB will most likely lose to the Vikings next week. So they are most likely done anyway.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Atlanta needs to lose tonight to help the Cowboys... They just got Elliot back so they can run all over the Seabombers next week just like the Rams did on Sunday.

GB will most likely lose to the Vikings next week. So they are most likely done anyway.
              Playing with the ESPN playoff machine makes it appear that Dallas's chances aren't great. Two things need to happen along with Dallas winning out:

1. Detroit has to lose to the Bengals or at home against Green Bay in Week 17 in a game that will likely mean nothing to GB; and

2. Atlanta has to lose two games. One is likely because they have to play the Saints on the road but their other two games are against the Bucs and at home against the Panthers who might not have anything to play for in Week 17. No one thinks the Saints will lose to the Bucs in Week 17 when they're playing for the division title. Of course, the Panthers won't know that for sure and they might play that game to win.

Comment

The dream for an all Los Angeles Super Bowl is still alive. Two teams from LA with no fans playing in Minnesota, what a dream it is. The Chargers need to win out (likely), the Pats need to beat the Bills and the Titans need to lose to the Rams and Jags. The Chargers then follow the 2007 and 2011 Giants recipe of pushing through the playoffs with a lucky QB and a great pass rush.

Comment

Playing with the ESPN playoff machine makes it appear that Dallas's chances aren't great. Two things need to happen along with Dallas winning out:

1. Detroit has to lose to the Bengals or at home against Green Bay in Week 17 in a game that will likely mean nothing to GB; and

2. Atlanta has to lose two games. One is likely because they have to play the Saints on the road but their other two games are against the Bucs and at home against the Panthers who might not have anything to play for in Week 17. No one thinks the Saints will lose to the Bucs in Week 17 when they're playing for the division title. Of course, the Panthers won't know that for sure and they might play that game to win.
                  ESPN was saying the cowboys had a 5% chance of making the playoffs before this weekend... After this last weekend I think they have now a 6% chance.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    Due to the way they've been interpreting what is a catch and what isn't - having to maintain possession to the ground if you are making the catch while in the air - I thought the Pittsburgh TD overturn was a pretty easy call to make. He's off the ground when the ball hits his hands. He's landing on his side as he comes down. He doesn't keep possession of the ball when he hits the ground. Not a catch.

I'm not a Pats fan, and they win enough that I tend to root for the teams they are playing. But that wasn't a catch based on how the rule has been interpreted for the last couple of years at least.
                    Yeah it was the right call.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Any QB at that level should know that he has two options in that scenario:

1) Throw a pass into the EZ that has no chance of being intercepted; or
                      2) throw it away and take your chances in OT.

I'd be curious to know what Pittsburgh's offense was being told during the 5-minute review of the non-TD. They should have been over there assuming the TD would be overturned and scripting scenarios for the next two plays. But based on the fact that they came out and ran a play that kept the clock moving, and then the team had no idea whether they were going to spike the ball or run a play, I'm guessing that didn't happen. Meanwhile, the OC should have been repeatedly reminding Ben of the above two points.

So I agree that Haley is also dumb. Go ahead and add Mike Tomlin to that list.
                      Agree with everything. I can't find the video, but the post-game one with Ben was hilarious. He was blaming the sideline, the other players, and everyone except himself about the interception. He claimed he was hearing 2 different calls from the coaches, so that's what caused all the confusion. Sure looked like the fake spike was the called play.

And still, why oh why would you throw that ball down the middle??? The Pats have some history picking off those types of throws...
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

I think the cowboys also have a chance if either the Panthers or the Saints lose their last two games but I think the best bet is for the Falcons to lose to both New Orleans and Carolina. Of course, the cowboys have to beat the Eagles at philly. I hate all these bird teams. Tampa Bay just needs to win all their remaining games for the cowboys. Come on you Bucs!
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          I think the cowboys also have a chance if either the Panthers or the Saints lose their last two games but I think the best bet is for the Falcons to lose to both New Orleans and Carolina. Of course, the cowboys have to beat the Eagles at philly. I hate all these bird teams. Tampa Bay just needs to win all their remaining games for the cowboys. Come on you Bucs!
                          The fact that the Cowboys playoff hopes largely hinge on teams like he Bucs winning is the reason why the Cowboys have a 6% chance at making the playoffs.

Comment

The fact that the Cowboys playoff hopes largely hinge on teams like he Bucs winning is the reason why the Cowboys have a 6% chance at making the playoffs.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

My weekly rant continues. CBS has only one game this week, Fox has the doubleheader. CBS has six games to choose from. Four of the games involve a team trying to get into the playoffs, and in fact the Buffalo v. Pats game involves two possible playoff teams. So which game does the Salt Lake CBS affiliate pickup (or is forced to pickup, I have no idea whether the NFL forces certain affiliates to pick particular games)?

Of course, CBS picks Denver @ Washington -- two teams in the shitter that currently have zero momentum heading into next year.

Here's a poll that was done regarding Utah's favorite NFL teams:

http://utahpolicy.com/index.php/feat...r-team-in-utah

Denver having a fifth of the NFL fans in Utah apparently is the overriding concern vs people that just want to see the more interesting games instead of what amounts to an exhibition game. Start with the NE v. Buffalo game, if it turns out to be a blowout go to a competitive game.

Comment

My weekly rant continues. CBS has only one game this week, Fox has the doubleheader. CBS has six games to choose from. Four of the games involve a team trying to get into the playoffs, and in fact the Buffalo v. Pats game involves two possible playoff teams. So which game does the Salt Lake CBS affiliate pickup (or is forced to pickup, I have no idea whether the NFL forces certain affiliates to pick particular games)?

Of course, CBS picks Denver @ Washington -- two teams in the shitter that currently have zero momentum heading into next year.

Here's a poll that was done regarding Utah's favorite NFL teams:

http://utahpolicy.com/index.php/feat...r-team-in-utah

Denver having a fifth of the NFL fans in Utah apparently is the overriding concern vs people that just want to see the more interesting games instead of what amounts to an exhibition game. Start with the NE v. Buffalo game, if it turns out to be a blowout go to a competitive game.
                                Utah is in the Denver market, so you are force fed those games.

In SoCal we are force fed Charger and Rams games. Bleh. It's the only reason I still have DirecTV. NFL Sunday Ticket makes me its bitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X