2017 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    My wife is willingly flying to her grandma's 90th birthday celebration on SB Sunday. WTF is wrong with her?!?
    I've shared this elsewhere, but this morning I learned that our Pri Pres has scheduled the 11yo intro to Priesthood for SB Sunday at 6:30pm. As I have pretty good familiarity with all of the families of the five 11 yo boys in our ward who could be there, this pretty much assures that 3 of them wont be present, and that the other two who are will be spending the entire time wishing they weren't.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      I've shared this elsewhere, but this morning I learned that our Pri Pres has scheduled the 11yo intro to Priesthood for SB Sunday at 6:30pm. As I have pretty good familiarity with all of the families of the five 11 yo boys in our ward who could be there, this pretty much assures that 3 of them wont be present, and that the other two who are will be spending the entire time wishing they weren't.
      I thought assignments during SB Sunday was off limits in non-Wymount family wards. WTF is wrong with people?!?
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

I thought assignments during SB Sunday was off limits in non-Wymount family wards. WTF is wrong with people?!?
        I remember once going to a fireside with Bruce Hurst as the speaker. It was at the tabernacle in St. George, and it was right during the second half of the SB. I distinctly remember sitting there thinking the entire time "I should be enjoying this, but I"m not because I'm missing out on the freaking superbowl. Coulnd't they have done this next week?"
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I remember once going to a fireside with Bruce Hurst as the speaker. It was at the tabernacle in St. George, and it was right during the second half of the SB. I distinctly remember sitting there thinking the entire time "I should be enjoying this, but I"m not because I'm missing out on the freaking superbowl. Coulnd't they have done this next week?"
          Bishop Pusey got up at the end of sacrament meeting and said 'I cannot see how anyone thinks watching the superbowl is keeping the Sabbath day holy', and then sat down. The kickoff was a couple of hours away. I wonder how many in the congregation were duly chastened (I think I may have been one of them ).
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Bishop Pusey got up at the end of sacrament meeting and said 'I cannot see how anyone thinks watching the superbowl is keeping the Sabbath day holy', and then sat down. The kickoff was a couple of hours away. I wonder how many in the congregation were duly chastened (I think I may have been one of them ).
            I think a good rule to live by is to never listen to a BYU student ward bishop.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

sounds like you were the real pusey, am i right?
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                I think a good rule to live by is to never listen to a BYU student ward bishop.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I had a bishop in my home ward growing up say essentially the same thing. You could almost feel the congregation shrugging that that suggestion off.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I know a BYU student ward bishop that cancelled a meeting last year because it would conflict with the Super Bowl. He is keeping the schedule clear this year. Pretty cool guy.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I know a BYU student ward bishop that cancelled a meeting last year because it would conflict with the Super Bowl. He is keeping the schedule clear this year. Pretty cool guy.
                      I've heard mixed reviews about the guy, but that is cool. Actually, the only negative notes have related to occasional insufficiencies of smoked delicacies.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I've heard mixed reviews about the guy, but that is cool. Actually, the only negative notes have related to occasional insufficiencies of smoked delicacies.
                        And that he occasionally overuses certain colloquialisms.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Ha! Last year our stake scheduled a planning meeting for the self reliance group leaders. My bishop was asked to be on the leadership for it and he was happy to do it.

The stake them set the planning meeting for super bowl Sunday night. My bishop told the stake president he already had a commitment that night. The sp laughed thinking he was joking until my bishop made it clear he wouldn’t be there since he was going to watch the super bowl. They didn’t reschedule and my bishop didn’t go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I know a BYU student ward bishop that cancelled a meeting last year because it would conflict with the Super Bowl. He is keeping the schedule clear this year. Pretty cool guy.
                            Who originally scheduled the meeting? Just checking on the level of coolness to assign to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              And that he occasionally overuses certain colloquialisms.
                              Haha. Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                Who originally scheduled the meeting? Just checking on the level of coolness to assign to him.
                                It was a regularly scheduled ward prayer on Sunday evening. He noticed that the game was going long and there would be a conflict so he blasted a text to the entire ward telling them that ward prayer was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X