No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the NFC East is now the only division where every team has won the super bowl... I still don't like the eagles, however.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Nick Effing Foles. Every throw he had to make he did. He really played incredible.

That was a great game, despite the GOAT losing. All the haters should be thankful when the Pats make the Super Bowl; they are always down to the wire.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Did Blount just ghost Chris Berman 3 times on live tv???

Berman kept putting his hand out to shake his and Blount just flat ignored him and talked to Moss and Steve Young.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
          Ha ha. I've only been a Pats fan for 18 years. That one doesn't count!
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Walter... You may need to get Bob Ross to paint you the shirt:

Heh. I watched an episode of Chill With Bob Ross with my daughter just last night (available on Netflix). For the first 5 minutes Mr. Ross showcases his pet squirrels.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              That better stand. Caught the ball, took three steps, ball crossed line, TD.

Ok good. The refs didn't blow it.
              Man, the announcers thought it was going to be overturned, and actively campaigned (in a manner of speaking) to have it overturned.

The fact that that, and the first touchdown call, were in doubt at all is what is wrong with the NFL. This whole "did he turn into a runner" crap is so lame.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Great game. I respect Brady's game but like every Great American south/west of Connecticutt/Vermont I was rooting hard against the Pats.

Best ad? I thought the Tide ad campaign was strong. Pretty funny and very effective at making you think about tide in ads that weren't Tide ads. There was that other detergent commercial that was undercut because all I thought about during it was Tide. As far as best single commercial, for me it was a tie between the Doritos/Mt Dew raps and the NFL Eli Manning Odell Beckham Dirty Dancing ad. I was rolling during the NFL one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Great game. I respect Brady's game but like every Great American south/west of Connecticutt/Vermont I was rooting hard against the Pats.

Best ad? I thought the Tide ad campaign was strong. Pretty funny and very effective at making you think about tide in ads that weren't Tide ads. There was that other detergent commercial that was undercut because all I thought about during it was Tide. As far as best single commercial, for me it was a tie between the Doritos/Mt Dew raps and the NFL Eli Manning Odell Beckham Dirty Dancing ad. I was rolling during the NFL one.
                  Agree on all counts. Loved the Tide ads.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Worst part about the Super Bowl?

No more football for six months.

Comment

• Hated (HATED) the Hyundai commercial. You're trying to score cheap emotional points off of pediatric cancer patients, and trying to make it look unscripted?!? I will never drive a Hyundai!

In the same vein, a pox on Dodge for coopting MLK's speech trying to sell Rams. Pretty lame.

Loved the Tide Pod and Australia tourism ones. Really effective advertising.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Hated (HATED) the Hyundai commercial. You're trying to score cheap emotional points off of pediatric cancer patients, and trying to make it look unscripted?!? I will never drive a Hyundai!

In the same vein, a pox on Dodge for coopting MLK's speech trying to sell Rams. Pretty lame.

Loved the Tide Pod and Australia tourism ones. Really effective advertising.
                        Yeah, that Hyundai ad was awful. I wanted to barf. Ditto for Dodge.

By contrast, l loved this Jeep ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmMa4kLj-ZQ
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Yeah, that Hyundai ad was awful. I wanted to barf. Ditto for Dodge.

By contrast, l loved this Jeep ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmMa4kLj-ZQ
                          That was awesome. Makes me sad that I sold my CJ7 so many years ago.

Comment

• Any legit discussion out there about why Malcom Butler didn't play (other than the Belichick nonsense about him not giving them the best chance to win)? My speculations: Belichick, in his arrogance, thought he could win without Butler, and wanted to do that and then use that as a bargaining chip in upcoming negotiations w/ Butler, who is a free agent this offseason.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Any legit discussion out there about why Malcom Butler didn't play (other than the Belichick nonsense about him not giving them the best chance to win)? My speculations: Belichick, in his arrogance, thought he could win without Butler, and wanted to do that and then use that as a bargaining chip in upcoming negotiations w/ Butler, who is a free agent this offseason.
                              The only other argument is that Belichick thought he was still too sick to play effectively. But Belichick has showed us hubris before. I can't argue too much against your speculation.
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

The only other argument is that Belichick thought he was still too sick to play effectively. But Belichick has showed us hubris before. I can't argue too much against your speculation.
                                and regardless of the reason - the sick, not practicing excuse would certainly make sense - if that's it, why not at least tell the poor guy why he won't get even one snap in the super bowl. at this point the fact he didn't communicate any reason with Butler himself is what bothers me the most.

also, the fact that he didn't tell him, gives more credence to DH's theory - would be a fairly uncomfortable conversation.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X