X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/05/jo...l-announcement

10 years for $100 million, not bad.

As a Nevadan, I cringe at that. As a Broncos fan, I celebrate it. Dude was essentially a .500 coach for 5 years before being fired, and hasn't coached in a decade. I won't be shocked if he ends up being an above-average coach, but I'm doubting he'll be a great one.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      As a Nevadan, I cringe at that. As a Broncos fan, I celebrate it. Dude was essentially a .500 coach for 5 years before being fired, and hasn't coached in a decade. I won't be shocked if he ends up being an above-average coach, but I'm doubting he'll be a great one.
      Yea, I didn’t get that either. He gets paid a 100M to go back to steam that he left? Weird.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

As a Nevadan, I cringe at that.
        Yeah, but do you cringe at "home means the sage and the pine."

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
          Yeah, but do you cringe at "home means the sage and the pine."

Not when sung by Brandon Flowers. But in all other instances, yes.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Yea, I didn’t get that either. He gets paid a 100M to go back to steam that he left? Weird.
            In fairness, he was traded away. But he wanted the trade, so you are technically correct. He won a SB with an absolutely stacked Tampa defense (and a decent offense), and then proceeded to be an average coach from there until he was fired.

Comment

I wonder what kind of outs are in the contract for the Raiders. They haven't had a coach last more than 3 years since Gruden himself. Before that, the last one to go more than 3 years was Art Shell in 89-94. There's no way the can expect him to actually last 10 years. There must be some generous outs, such as "we don't have to pay you if we fire you."
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not when sung by Brandon Flowers. But in all other instances, yes.
                I have this sense (maybe it's wildly wrong) that we (people who grew up in Nevada) sing the state song an abnormal amount relative to other states. I still find myself singing it occasionally (certainly on the 31st of Oct).

Comment

I have this sense (maybe it's wildly wrong) that we (people who grew up in Nevada) sing the state song an abnormal amount relative to other states. I still find myself singing it occasionally (certainly on the 31st of Oct).

As someone who didn't grow up here, I don't get that sense. In fact, I've been to several elementary chorus programs, and I have yet to hear a rendition of "Home Means Nevada." Conversely, I'm pretty sure I sang "Utah, We Love Thee" at every chorus concert in elementary school.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

As someone who didn't grow up here, I don't get that sense. In fact, I've been to several elementary chorus programs, and I have yet to hear a rendition of "Home Means Nevada." Conversely, I'm pretty sure I sang "Utah, We Love Thee" at every chorus concert in elementary school.
                    Third data point here.

I grew up in Utah, but did not know until this very second that there was a state song.

Conversely, my 11 year old daughter, who was born in Nevada, sings Home Means Nevada all the time.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      I think he was traded to the Bucs...ah Donut already updated this tidbit
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        I think he was traded to the Bucs
                        But what happened to all that steam after the trade?!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Say it ain't so, Belichick....
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Say it ain't so, Belichick....
                            Are you talking about the NY Daily News report about Belichick being interested in the Giants?

Clay Travis wrote about the ESPN story and thinks it came either directly from Belichick or someone very close to him (one of his sons possibly). The story makes Brady look like a kook and Kraft like a fool for not hanging onto Jimmy G. The Giants job isn't bad. They have Odell Beckham and Evan Engram, some pieces on defense and they can draft Darnold or Rosen.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Are you talking about the NY Daily News report about Belichick being interested in the Giants?

Clay Travis wrote about the ESPN story and thinks it came either directly from Belichick or someone very close to him (one of his sons possibly). The story makes Brady look like a kook and Kraft like a fool for not hanging onto Jimmy G. The Giants job isn't bad. They have Odell Beckham and Evan Engram, some pieces on defense and they can draft Darnold or Rosen.
                              Yep.
                              I hope it's not true. I know the Garappolo trade mortgages the future, and the only way to view it as this is the 'one last run' for the Pats. If it doesn't translate into a deep playoff run, the trade will be rightly viewed as a disaster.

Brady, Belichick, and Kraft are all exceptional at what they do. But if they break it up after this year, none of them will have the same success as they had when together.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Yep.
                                I hope it's not true. I know the Garappolo trade mortgages the future, and the only way to view it as this is the 'one last run' for the Pats. If it doesn't translate into a deep playoff run, the trade will be rightly viewed as a disaster.

Brady, Belichick, and Kraft are all exceptional at what they do. But if they break it up after this year, none of them will have the same success as they had when together.
                                It sounds like Belichick is still under contract, so he can't just go and coach the Giants if that's what he wants.

If the rumor is true regarding the NY Giants, I wonder if Belichick planted the story with ESPN to cause Kraft to want to be rid of Belichick. Kind of like George Costanza driving around Yankee Stadium's parking lot with the World Series trophies in tow.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X