Thread: Holy crap its been eight years since I joined. Completely forgot I had an account

Default Holy crap its been eight years since I joined. Completely forgot I had an account

I thought I'd post up in here since I'm sure nobody remembers/knows who I am. Another CB refugee, or maybe vacationer is more accurate.

I'm a bit of a cycling nut and am pretty stoked there is a cycling section - what could be better than BYU sports and bicycles?

sorry, i know the forum structure can be misleading but this is actually a byu women's volleyball message board
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by delux_247 View Post
    I thought I'd post up in here since I'm sure nobody remembers/knows who I am. Another CB refugee, or maybe vacationer is more accurate.

I'm a bit of a cycling nut and am pretty stoked there is a cycling section - what could be better than BYU sports and bicycles?
    Hope did you choose your username?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    sorry, i know the forum structure can be misleading but this is actually a byu women's volleyball message board
    wally.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hope did you choose your username?
    Like a lot of teenagers I spent too much time at the movies. This commercial played before just about every movie and always cracked me up:

Dude, please. No profanity in thread titles.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Dude, please. No profanity in thread titles.
    Hey delux, meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Hey delux, meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
    Lebowski is a power-hungry monster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    I think Jeff and Jefe are the same person. Just take a look at how close the names are spelled. It's almost like Bruce Wayne and Batman. What you think the mask is fooling anyone? You think if you change the last letter of your name you've tricked us?

imabat.jpg

Heads up, Lebowski isn't afraid to ban anyone for spoilers of his favorite tits and dragons show.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

I think Jeff and Jefe are the same person. Just take a look at how close the names are spelled. It's almost like Bruce Wayne and Batman. What you think the mask is fooling anyone? You think if you change the last letter of your name you've tricked us?

imabat.jpg
    Are Batman and Bruce Wayne spelled that similarly? I’d never even thought of that?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Heads up, Lebowski isn't afraid to ban anyone for spoilers of his favorite tits and dragons show.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

It's true. I am a horrible tyrant.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Is crap a swear word?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Default Holy crap its been eight years since I joined. Completely forgot I had an account

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Is crap a swear word?
    It was a joke. Given the context of people fleeing CB, I thought it was pretty darned witty.
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-08-2017 at 02:05 PM.

It was a joke. Given the context of people fleeing CB, I thought it was pretty darned witty.
    A joke, but with a basis in reality. Didn't oxcoug (RIP) have a thread title changed due to profanity? I think it was that busybody YO that did it.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    A joke, but with a basis in reality. Didn't oxcoug (RIP) have a thread title changed due to profanity? I think it was that busybody YO that did it.
    Yeah that is part of the joke (it’s a multi-layered joke!). That is one of the few things we moderate. But I would not bother with “holy crap”.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

imabat.jpg
    Wrong. Shockingly anyone who has met Jefe IRL, says he is a nice guy. Those of us who’ve interacted and broken bread with Jeff, can testify he is as big of dick off the board as on.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Wrong. Shockingly anyone who has met Jefe IRL, says he is a nice guy. Those of us who’ve interacted and broken bread with Jeff, can testify he is as big of dick off the board as on.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I've heard Mrs. Lebowski is a very lucky lady...

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I've heard Mrs. Lebowski is a very lucky lady...
    Sweet mystery of life I finally found you...

Kicked to the curb San Juan Sun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Agreed. I'm moving my talents to Cougarguard.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb