Reintroducing BYUMizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reintroducing BYUMizzou

I've had an account here for many years but haven't posted in a long time. The last time I was active here, this place was still known as CUF. I stopped posting here because the site's traffic seemed to drop off significantly, and I spent my time posting on another website. The owner of the other website has banned me for life, so I'm back here.

The mandatory questions, things everyone wants to know about you:

How did you find CS?
    -I was a lurker on cougarcorner.com, and someone mentioned this site. I found the back and forth between Utah & BYU interesting, so I signed up and started posting.

How did you choose your moniker?
    -BYU fan from Missouri.

What do you do (other than read CS)?
    -pig wrangling, cheese collecting, taking extreme close-up photos of tooth enamel, and other all-around awesome activities.

How many time zones have you lived in? 3

What are your sports loyalties? BYU, Dallas Cowboys

Are you looking forward to wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    Can't wait.

Optional, but encouraged questions:

What do you like about CS?
    I'm allowed to use my account here (at least for now)

What don't you like about CS? Lack of traffic

Do you pee in the sink? Only when I'm in Arkansas

Did you ever consider an alternative career path? I am currently taking mail-order correspondence courses to become a professional taxidermist.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs? Nay

What's your standing in the church? (this was originally meant as a joke but it stuck). Active

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking? Years

Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread? No. Except maybe people requesting screenshots of my exit from other websites.

Stick around this time!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Stick around this time!
      Man you look desperate all begging people to stay here and post.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        Man you look desperate all begging people to stay here and post.
        People are wrong about you. You can be funny sometimes.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Welcome, again, BYUM. We need to get the Jayhawk guy back as well, as I enjoyed his references to "slavers."

I night also enjoy seeing the post(s) that got you the death penalty, although over the years those have proven to be less salacious or offensive than one would hope.

Comment

Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
            Welcome Brother!
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Welcome brother!

Comment

IThe owner of the other website has banned me for life, so I'm back here.
                What happened?

Comment

i'll add to those who are curious what you did to get the full santos.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Ban for life. What'd you do- throw the word 'crap' around?
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Welcome, again, BYUM. We need to get the Jayhawk guy back as well, as I enjoyed his references to "slavers."

I night also enjoy seeing the post(s) that got you the death penalty, although over the years those have proven to be less salacious or offensive than one would hope.
                      On another popular BYU-centric website, I made a post in a private friends only group outlining how I technically had a legal cause of action against the owner of the website due to how certain restrictions prevented me from accessing previous posts I had made. I went on to indicate that I could probably use that to force him to rescind some restrictions against me or recode the website in a way that gave me access to them. There was some discussion of a lawsuit, and I pointed out that at most I had a claim for nominal damages ($1), unless after giving notice the owner intentionally and maliciously continued to keep certain limitations in place that prevented me from accessing didgital property I had ownership rights in.

Someone in the private friends only group took a screenshot of the post and took it to the website owner. He then gave me a lifetime ban from his website.

[Note: it was suggested that I edit this post to remove the copy/paste of the actual back and forth between myself and the other website owner. I agree with the rationale, so the above is an edited version of what previously was posted]
                      Last edited by BYUMizzou; 10-08-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Anyway, that's how I came to be banned from the other website.
                        Sounds like you might be a dangerous person to allow to stay there.

I was also banned for life from one website. That one didn't give warnings first, though. I was banned there for telling someone where all of the good people went after that forum went to hell. The other site picked up where that one left off anyway, so no big loss. But it's annoying to occasionally get a note from them indicating that someone had replied to a subscribed thread. Couldn't make that go away.

As someone else who recently returned here, welcome back.

Comment

This is what happens when you disarm the citizenry!

Comment

Sounds like you got your feelings hurt and overreacted. I'm no fan of that message board and its owner, but threatening legal action seams like a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruth View Post
                              Sounds like you got your feelings hurt and overreacted. I'm no fan of that message board and its owner, but threatening legal action seams like a bit much.
                              More new members! I'm always fascinated by what drives lurkers to finally post.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X