Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reintroducing BYUMizzou

I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Keep up updated on how the lawsuit is going.

Followed you here to see how it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by cvd6262 View Post
    He may not make it, pretty liberal over here. And the mods here are mean.

Default Howdy, I followed you over after seeing all the crap on the other fan board

So am I stalking you?

Quote Originally Posted by cvd6262 View Post
    And the award for the most bot-ty username chosen by the friends of BYUMizzou who followed him over here after his death penalty goes to......
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    He may not make it, pretty liberal over here. And the mods here are mean.
    I have a pretty good handle on what this site is all about. I'm pretty far to the right of a big chunk of regular users here. That's ok. The nice thing here is if I think someone is a prick, I can say that, get if off my chest, then move on. They'll probably tell me I'm a prick back. We'll both be right. We'll both probably realize it and maybe try not to be as big a prick in the future. It's something that seems to work well here, as evidenced by the cohabitation (at least before the site name change) of UTah and BYU fans.

Remember when you were a kid...and left the front door open...and your parents yelled at you?

Who the hell left the front door open.

Please start in the religion section. Start reading some crazy shit. It's good for you.

Lifetime ban over threatening a lawsuit? That’s nothing. I got a lifetime ban for posting evidence that Jesus likely never sweat blood.

A tous, soyez les bienvenus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Lifetime ban over threatening a lawsuit? That’s nothing. I got a lifetime ban for posting evidence that Jesus likely never sweat blood.

A tous, soyez les bienvenus!

I didn't even get to formally threaten to file a lawsuit. All I got to do was post a [supposedly] private message to my friends [which obviously included a Judas] about possibly threatening a lawsuit that might return $1 in damages. That was apparently threatening enough to get my account nuked.

Quote Originally Posted by BYUMizzou View Post
    I have a pretty good handle on what this site is all about. I'm pretty far to the right of a big chunk of regular users here. That's ok. The nice thing here is if I think someone is a prick, I can say that, get if off my chest, then move on. They'll probably tell me I'm a prick back. We'll both be right. We'll both probably realize it and maybe try not to be as big a prick in the future. It's something that seems to work well here, as evidenced by the cohabitation (at least before the site name change) of UTah and BYU fans.
    Lots of pricks around here. You'll be good. I also forget that sarcasm does not often translate well when written.

I didn't even get to formally threaten to file a lawsuit. All I got to do was post a [supposedly] private message to my friends [which obviously included a Judas] about possibly threatening a lawsuit that might return $1 in damages. That was apparently threatening enough to get my account nuked.

You also threatened punitives based on CB's annual (I think) revenue. So, a little more than just nominal damages.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post

You also threatened punitives based on CB's annual (I think) revenue. So, a little more than just nominal damages.
    Only if I didn't get access to my old posts, which apparently was a 2 minute coding fix.

Kicked to the curb San Juan Sun's Avatar

Welcome BYUMizzou. Good to have new blood here.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Here is what I don't understand about all the CB castoffs: They come over here, say, "Hmm, nice little board", maybe whine about the format a bit (which always cracks me up because VBulletin is probably the single most popular board forum on the planet whereas CB is completely unique and proprietary), whine about Jefe and how he runs CB, then never come back.

I don't get it. If they really don't like how Jefe runs his board, why do they keep crawling back time after time to lick his jackboots?

I do understand the complaint about low traffic on this board. The problem is that a large percentage of the board's content is unavailable to newcomers. The hidden content is very much a double-edge sword because it gives the impression to newcomers that this board is less active than it is, but it's also nice to have a (mostly) weirdo-free and lurker-free area to post. The hidden content is both this board's blessing and curse.

Kicked to the curb San Juan Sun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Here is what I don't understand about all the CB castoffs: They come over here, say, "Hmm, nice little board", maybe whine about the format a bit (which always cracks me up because VBulletin is probably the single most popular board forum on the planet whereas CB is completely unique and proprietary), whine about Jefe and how he runs CB, then never come back.

I don't get it. If they really don't like how Jefe runs his board, why do they keep crawling back time after time to lick his jackboots?

I do understand the complaint about low traffic on this board. The problem is that a large percentage of the board's content is unavailable to newcomers. The hidden content is very much a double-edge sword because it gives the impression to newcomers that this board is less active than it is, but it's also nice to have a (mostly) weirdo-free and lurker-free area to post. The hidden content is both this board's blessing and curse.
    Dude, I don't think you're supposed to talk about that stuff on the open board.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

If you want newcomers to stay, bit they can't see the 'good' stuff, maybe you need to give us the secret password sooner or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    If you want newcomers to stay, bit they can't see the 'good' stuff, maybe you need to give us the secret password sooner or something.

PM New Mexican Disaster

The problem is that a large percentage of the board's content is unavailable to newcomers. The hidden content is very much a double-edge sword because it gives the impression to newcomers that this board is less active than it is, but it's also nice to have a (mostly) weirdo-free and lurker-free area to post. The hidden content is both this board's blessing and curse.
    I'm hardly a newcomer. I'm a sporadic poster to be sure, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm hardly a newcomer. I'm a sporadic poster to be sure, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    uh, that's because he isn't supposed to talk about it. but he's a big fat meanie, so he pulls shit like that.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by San Juan Sun View Post
    Dude, I don't think you're supposed to talk about that stuff on the open board.
    I don't believe the existence of the hidden content is a secret - only the content of the hidden content...

I don't believe the existence of the hidden content is a secret - only the content of the hidden content...
    Sacred- not secret!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Sacred- not secret!
    Indeed, the membership roll is publicly available.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post

Newcomers generally get the secret password once they prove they aren't complete douchenozzles and have something to contribute to the board.

Like I said, it's both a blessing (preventing trashy neighbors from walking in your front door, sitting in their underwear on your couch, and getting greasy potato chip crumbs all over your hardwood floors) and a curse (your long-lost friend who happened to be in town and drove by your house might think nobody is home because the upstairs lights are off while you're down in the rec room with your other buddies watching the game and shooting pool).

Life is full of tradeoffs...

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Sacred- not secret!
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.