No announcement yet.

Reintroducing BYUMizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is what I don't understand about all the CB castoffs: They come over here, say, "Hmm, nice little board", maybe whine about the format a bit (which always cracks me up because VBulletin is probably the single most popular board forum on the planet whereas CB is completely unique and proprietary), whine about Jefe and how he runs CB, then never come back.

I don't get it. If they really don't like how Jefe runs his board, why do they keep crawling back time after time to lick his jackboots?

I do understand the complaint about low traffic on this board. The problem is that a large percentage of the board's content is unavailable to newcomers. The hidden content is very much a double-edge sword because it gives the impression to newcomers that this board is less active than it is, but it's also nice to have a (mostly) weirdo-free and lurker-free area to post. The hidden content is both this board's blessing and curse.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      Here is what I don't understand about all the CB castoffs: They come over here, say, "Hmm, nice little board", maybe whine about the format a bit (which always cracks me up because VBulletin is probably the single most popular board forum on the planet whereas CB is completely unique and proprietary), whine about Jefe and how he runs CB, then never come back.

I don't get it. If they really don't like how Jefe runs his board, why do they keep crawling back time after time to lick his jackboots?

I do understand the complaint about low traffic on this board. The problem is that a large percentage of the board's content is unavailable to newcomers. The hidden content is very much a double-edge sword because it gives the impression to newcomers that this board is less active than it is, but it's also nice to have a (mostly) weirdo-free and lurker-free area to post. The hidden content is both this board's blessing and curse.
      Dude, I don't think you're supposed to talk about that stuff on the open board.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

If you want newcomers to stay, bit they can't see the 'good' stuff, maybe you need to give us the secret password sooner or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          If you want newcomers to stay, bit they can't see the 'good' stuff, maybe you need to give us the secret password sooner or something.

PM New Mexican Disaster

Comment

The problem is that a large percentage of the board's content is unavailable to newcomers. The hidden content is very much a double-edge sword because it gives the impression to newcomers that this board is less active than it is, but it's also nice to have a (mostly) weirdo-free and lurker-free area to post. The hidden content is both this board's blessing and curse.
            I'm hardly a newcomer. I'm a sporadic poster to be sure, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
              I'm hardly a newcomer. I'm a sporadic poster to be sure, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
              uh, that's because he isn't supposed to talk about it. but he's a big fat meanie, so he pulls shit like that.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                Dude, I don't think you're supposed to talk about that stuff on the open board.
                I don't believe the existence of the hidden content is a secret - only the content of the hidden content...

Comment

I don't believe the existence of the hidden content is a secret - only the content of the hidden content...
                  Sacred- not secret!
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Sacred- not secret!
                    Indeed, the membership roll is publicly available.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post

Newcomers generally get the secret password once they prove they aren't complete douchenozzles and have something to contribute to the board.

Like I said, it's both a blessing (preventing trashy neighbors from walking in your front door, sitting in their underwear on your couch, and getting greasy potato chip crumbs all over your hardwood floors) and a curse (your long-lost friend who happened to be in town and drove by your house might think nobody is home because the upstairs lights are off while you're down in the rec room with your other buddies watching the game and shooting pool).

Life is full of tradeoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Sacred- not secret!
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Working...
                        X