New NBA All-Star Game Format: Playground Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NBA All-Star Game Format: Playground Rules

The NBA is ditching the East v. West format for 2018 and instead will have two captains choosing teams like you used to do in grade school. Will any players announce that they are a "package deal"?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba...-all-star-game
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    The NBA is ditching the East v. West format for 2018 and instead will have two captains choosing teams like you used to do in grade school. Will any players announce that they are a "package deal"?

fun idea and no they won't do that.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

still won't watch
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Now the NBA is stealing allstar game ideas from the NHL? I guess in 5-6 years we can expect a 3 on 3 tournament format.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          Now the NBA is stealing allstar game ideas from the NHL? I guess in 5-6 years we can expect a 3 on 3 tournament format.
          Do they still have the NHL?

Comment

Really stupid idea.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

All-Star games suck.

Comment

Some nuanced arguments in here. Keep 'em coming.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Some nuanced arguments in here. Keep 'em coming.
                  The AS game is a vacation for the players that isn’t as interesting or exciting to fans as it was 20+ years ago when there were less entertainment options and sports on TV. Gimmicks aren’t going to change that.

Everybody loves to talk about how bad the dunk contest is now. Tune in to NBAtv around AS weekend and they show an edited 30 minute version of the old dunk contests, outside of the MJ/Dominique one they were all awful excluding maybe one highlight dunk. Sound similar? What’s different now from then? The fact that you consumers can watch unlimited basketball instead of maybe a couple of games a week.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

it's all crap. the all-star game is garbage and this doesn't change that. however, it is a slight improvement, and they are still throwing a bouncy orange ball into a hoop, so I will continue to watch.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                    X