Las Vegas Strip - Deadliest Mass Shooting in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    Also, PAC, I wasn't trying to be snarky when I said I didn't think you'd change your mind. Sorry if it came out that way.
    No prob, as I know you and didn't take it that way at all. My views are still evolving, and I, too, doubt the efficacy of many of the proposed solutions. But then I also doubt that private gun ownership would have much of a deterrent effect against an attack from a foreign nation in the 21st Century, or against our own government's improper conduct.

Comment

• It's interesting that after every shooting, the GOP and the NRA talk about needing people to have more access to healthcare, and turn right around to cut it further. If Obamacare repeal would have been successful people with mental health and substance abuse problems would have been fucked.

The majority of mass shooters aren't classically mentally ill, in terms of delusions and psychosis. I think they are more likely to struggle with things like depression, anxiety, substance and trouble with social cues. They are men (usually young) who are driven by humiliation, often related to losing something that they associate with masculinity (job,girlfriend,money, academic success) and a sense of alienation. Something happens to them and they feel powerless and alienated from society to the point where it's possible for them to suppress our natural instincts toward empathy and act out of anger. Anger is a energizing, and powerful and sometimes addictive emotion. It's easier to attack society and kill people when you feel completely separate and different from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        It's interesting that after every shooting, the GOP and the NRA talk about needing people to have more access to healthcare, and turn right around to cut it further. If Obamacare repeal would have been successful people with mental health and substance abuse problems would have been fucked.

The majority of mass shooters aren't classically mentally ill, in terms of delusions and psychosis. I think they are more likely to struggle with things like depression, anxiety, substance and trouble with social cues. They are men (usually young) who are driven by humiliation, often related to losing something that they associate with masculinity (job,girlfriend,money, academic success) and a sense of alienation. Something happens to them and they feel powerless and alienated from society to the point where it's possible for them to suppress our natural instincts toward empathy and act out of anger. Anger is a energizing, and powerful and sometimes addictive emotion. It's easier to attack society and kill people when you feel completely separate and different from them.
        Good analysis Frank. Also, this is totally how the emperor was grooming Anakin.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
          Good analysis Frank. Also, this is totally how the emperor was grooming Anakin.
          lol!

Comment

• some gnarly photos of the dead shooter are floating around. assuming they're real, he has high cap mags in the guns in the shot and a whole stack of them ready to go. that's where the legislation should start. also appears to be a note with a pen in the shot. odd that its contents haven't been released yet.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              some gnarly photos of the dead shooter are floating around. assuming they're real, he has high cap mags in the guns in the shot and a whole stack of them ready to go. that's where the legislation should start. also appears to be a note with a pen in the shot. odd that its contents haven't been released yet.
              Yeah, the one I saw it seems like he shot himself in the chest and in the head... I am wondering, if you are going to kill yourself, why are you going to shoot yourself in the chest. Did he shot himself in the chest, found himself still alive then went with the headshot to finish the job?
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Yeah, the one I saw it seems like he shot himself in the chest and in the head... I am wondering, if you are going to kill yourself, why are you going to shoot yourself in the chest. Did he shot himself in the chest, found himself still alive then went with the headshot to finish the job?
                Maybe this explains how he got the gun shot to the chest... https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a3_1507134521
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• pepsi drinker. it's all coming together now.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    pepsi drinker. it's all coming together now.
                    $28 for a burger.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      $28 for a burger.
                      starting to sympathize with the guy...

Comment

Maybe this explains how he got the gun shot to the chest... https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a3_1507134521
                        That looks like a room service ticket. I wonder if anyone here might be able to chime in on how the ticket might show two guests, even if there was only one guest in the room. Anyone? Is there a hero in the building?
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          That looks like a room service ticket. I wonder if anyone here might be able to chime in on how the ticket might show two guests, even if there was only one guest in the room. Anyone? Is there a hero in the building?
                          From what I have read he was in the room for a while. I think it was since the 27th (which looks like the same date as the room service ticket). Maybe he checked in with a local lady "friend"?
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

yes a receipt with 7/2017 in the top right corner shows clearly that there were two people in that room. No other possible explanation. Check in was the 28th.

Comment

• where are people getting the idea that he was shot in in the chest? certainly not apparent from the purported crime scene photo

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                1911s are God's gift to man. I mean any gun created by John Moses Browning had to be divine.
                                Unfortunately I literally can't hit the broad side of a barn with one. Luckily I never had to qualify with one when I was in the Army

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                                X