No announcement yet.

Las Vegas Strip - Deadliest Mass Shooting in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this one staged by Trump to take the focus off Russia and/or Trump's $130k non-whore. And a latino shooter, to boot.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• When I saw this thread pop up, I was hoping it would just be some new tidbit about the Vegas shootings. This sucks. How can people be so bad to others?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          If we didn't do anything after Sandy Hook, this will change absolutely nothing.
          As a believer in the importance of the 2nd amendment and its clear language that allows for an individual right to firearm ownership, I am genuinely curious to know what concrete measures can be put in place. IN times like these we get a lot of people invoking "common sense gun laws" but rarely provide concrete examples of what that means. I am open to looking at ways to combat this. Gun violence in this country is still at a 30 year low. But clearly these mass shootings are increasing.

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          I think this strategy would help, but probably hard in the internet age. Information readily flows and people love salacious stories.

Comment

If we didn't do anything after Sandy Hook, this will change absolutely nothing.
            What do you recommend?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              What do you recommend?
              How about we put guns back on the curriculum?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What do you recommend?
                Mental health system investment. I'm not sure about what to do...due process is a fundamental right as well, but, the 2nd Amendment has its limits for me. I like owning guns; I like shooting guns; I do not like seeing children slaughtered monthly so that I can go shooting a few times a year. Something has got to give.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Mental health system investment. I'm not sure about what to do...due process is a fundamental right as well, but, the 2nd Amendment has its limits for me. I like owning guns; I like shooting guns; I do not like seeing children slaughtered monthly so that I can go shooting a few times a year. Something has got to give.
                  I think you're on to something with investment in mental health. And perhaps you didn't mean this, but the second amendment is not about you being able to go shooting a few times a year.

Comment

Agree for the most part, but think a lot of things have to give. Our policy makers need to have honest discussions about everything ranging from investment in mental health, stringent background checks, gun control, school security, video game violence, and a dozen other things that contribute to these evil acts. There's clearly no one solution, but the current situation is untenable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      I think you're on to something with investment in mental health. And perhaps you didn't mean this, but the second amendment is not about you being able to go shooting a few times a year.
                      If we start putting all these people in mental institutions then the democratic party could lose a good percentage of their voting base... Suspected Gunman In Florida School Shooting Identified, Member Of 'Resistance' Groups, Reports Say
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        If we start putting all these people in mental institutions then the democratic party could lose a good percentage of their voting base... Suspected Gunman In Florida School Shooting Identified, Member Of 'Resistance' Groups, Reports Say
                        KILLARY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I think this notion of "investing more in mental health" to reduce shootings is a pipe dream. Do we have a string of shootings by people who were rejected due to lack of funding when they sought out mental health? Please show me the evidence. Furthermore, are we going to start committing a significant subset of our population to psych wards against their will? That will be fun.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I think this notion of "investing more in mental health" to reduce shootings is a pipe dream. Do we have a string of shootings by people who were rejected due to lack of funding when they sought out mental health? Please show me the evidence. Furthermore, are we going to start committing a significant subset of our population to psych wards against their will? That will be fun.
                            This is my thought as well. And this one can't be blamed on his parents either. Mother died in November 2017 and is Father died a few years before. So a 19 your old adopted kid all alone.

I did see CNN is saying something about the FBI having been given a heads up about this dude earlier.

Radio has been a buzz this morning of AR-15 and AR type of rifles need to go. At this point I really don't have an issue with that. Other than someone is going to have to buy mine from me, not expect me to give it up for free. But this wont solve anything. People will use different types of guns to kill.

I think social media, news, video games, familial detachment all have a part to play in all of these shootings.

You can't take all of the guns away from Joe American and expect the problem to go away. Criminals will always have guns.

Politicians are all about lip service though.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Agree for the most part, but think a lot of things have to give. Our policy makers need to have honest discussions about everything ranging from investment in mental health, stringent background checks, gun control, school security, video game violence, and a dozen other things that contribute to these evil acts. There's clearly no one solution, but the current situation is untenable.
                              Why can't we do this now? Seems to make sense to me.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                I know it's more than that, but I'm not really going to go for my guns in an attempt to defend myself from a home invasion in the incredibly unlikely event of that happening. I'm positive that I'd be more likely to kill someone I loved or get myself killed that successfully defend us. And, the threat of overthrowing the government? Shiiiiiiiiit. My SKS isn't gonna do shit against the fire power of the USAF. Or the Army. And, I haven't even mentioned the Marines yet. Good God! The Marines could take on all the other branches combined and whoop them. But, me and a bunch of high schoolers can eat granola bars in the sandhills and overthrow the government? No way. I think the 2nd-Amendment might've once been about reminding the government about civilians being able to use weapons against it, but, aviation did that in over 100 years ago. Everything else now is Hollywood fantasy.

So, I've got a broad spectrum understanding of what the 2nd Amendment encompasses. I don't hunt. I'm not a prepper. I don't have any plans to ever take up arms against the government. I don't plan to use my weapons in self defense. Therefore, for me, it's about not being hassled when I want to buy a gun or ammunition to go shoot water-filled coke cans and clay pigeons.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X