Las Vegas Strip - Deadliest Mass Shooting in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Byron and GM have convinced me, the main stream media really should be focused today on the Moutain Meadow Massacre and other evils committed in the 1800s by Mormons rather than this Las Vegas shooting.
    Byron is a very smart guy, certainly smarter than I am, but I kind of like it when he displays a certain narrow-mindedness by seizing on non-Church-related news stories to take a shot at the Church anyway. It's like when I pick up a whiff of B.O. from someone who's better dressed than I am--I confess I feel a little better about myself. Thanks, BM!

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      It makes about as much sense as your first argument.
      you aren't this big of a dingus
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        The news is this guy had true fully automatic weapons, including some AK 47s. Obviously illegal.
        Maybe we should ban them again

Also, let me know f this tragedy is bad enough that I shouldn’t let my kids swim in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          You two did a cute song and dance about it. Now you don’t want it to be the focus?
          I guess not. Thanks.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            you aren't this big of a dingus
            No? Thanks. Sort of looks you might be.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

64-year old retiree from Mesquite? Of course ISIS immediately takes the credit. GTFOH, America in 2017.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Byron is a very smart guy, certainly smarter than I am, but I kind of like it when he displays a certain narrow-mindedness by seizing on non-Church-related news stories to take a shot at the Church anyway. It's like when I pick up a whiff of B.O. from someone who's better dressed than I am--I confess I feel a little better about myself. Thanks, BM!
                And he is wont to tell everybody how much smarter he believes he is, together with his two or three degrees.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Maybe we should ban them again

Also, let me know f this tragedy is bad enough that I shouldn’t let my kids swim in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Banning automatic weapons and unlawful use of dynamite is guaranteed to stop all explosive and automatic gun violence. Guaranteed!

Meanwhile, anybody in Vegas or Henderson, get down and donate blood if you can.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

One thin silver lining of this devastating event is watching the way the people in Las Vegas (and throughout the country) are responding, including hours-long lines to donate blood, buying out local Costco's to bring snacks/food to first responders, helping those trying to get home, etc. Thinking about the frequency and magnitude of these events is really depressing, and one wonders if the world is truly going to hell. But seeing the evil wrought by only one person, and the good being done by thousands, even millions, leads me back to the belief that in the end, good will prevail. I say these things....

Comment

One thin silver lining of this devastating event is watching the way the people in Las Vegas (and throughout the country) are responding, including hours-long lines to donate blood, buying out local Costco's to bring snacks/food to first responders, helping those trying to get home, etc. Thinking about the frequency and magnitude of these events is really depressing, and one wonders if the world is truly going to hell. But seeing the evil wrought by only one person, and the good being done by thousands, even millions, leads me back to the belief that in the end, good will prevail. I say these things....
                      Thanks Wadsworth!
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                        I just had an idea.

How about we ban semi-automatic guns for 10 years and then track the data.

If mass shootings still occur at the same rate over the course of a decade, I'll concede the point of the gun-toting NRAers, and you can have your "2nd amendment rights" back.

I'm just suggesting that you folks agree to push pause on the semi-automatics for one decade of your life and instead try to enjoy old fashioned guns for awhile.
                        so how is that different from the brady bill

Comment

It is heartwarming to see the response in the face of tragedy. I think modern civilization in many ways is in direct conflict with the nature of humanity and thousands of years of human existence. But I'm cautiously optimistic that it will continue to prod along, correcting and bettering itself.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

I'm not smart, but I know smart when I see it and sooner is not smarter than PAC. SJBH!
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              I'm not smart, but I know smart when I see it and sooner is not smarter than PAC. SJBH!
                              There are a lot of smart guys on this site, just ask them. Of course, I agree with you that PAC is quite clever and insightful. It's why we read posts here, either for insights or laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                I doubt it, but thanks anyway. I admit that with my advanced years (I love having just gone on Medicare!), I benefit considerably from a corollary of the General Authority Humor Perception Discount--the older the GA, the harder the audience laughs when a joke is offered. Stick around, I'm going to become a comedic genius in the next decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X