Las Vegas Strip - Deadliest Mass Shooting in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Strip - Deadliest Mass Shooting in US

I was numb listening to the news coverage driving into work this morning. I Wish I would have just played some music instead. What is this world coming to?

I have friends I used to work with in law enforcement that went to Vegas Metro to work. I need to find out if they're OK.

The audio I heard sounds like an automatic weapon with a large magazine.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Unbelievable.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

We need better gun control.

A horrific tragedy.

Also, I would dispute whether this is truly the deadliest mass shooting in US History. I can think of at least one that was larger--not too far from Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post

A horrific tragedy.

Also, I would dispute whether this is truly the deadliest mass shooting in US History. I can think of at least one that was larger--not too far from Vegas.
          Score two cheap points in one post. Impressive.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Assuming Mountain Meadows was on US soil (was it still officially Mexico's in 1857?), he has a point on MMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              Assuming Mountain Meadows was on US soil (was it still officially Mexico's in 1857?), he has a point on MMM.
              Not really, unless you wish to join BM in his apparent view that Blacks and Native Americans don't count. Wounded Knee and Greenwood, among other examples, come to mind. But if it's records we're looking for, we can agree that this is the largest single-shooter incident.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post

A horrific tragedy.

There are several massacres of Native Americans that far exceed, in number, the murders at Mountain Meadows.
                We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Weird night. Weird morning. Every year the first week of October, is our employee appreciation with several events throughout the week. One of those events is an active shooter seminar. My guess is that attendance is going to be up this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Not really, unless you wish to join BM in his apparent view that Blacks and Native Americans don't count. Wounded Knee and Greenwood, among other examples, come to mind. But if it's records we're looking for, we can agree that this is the largest single-shooter incident.
                    He said, "I can think of at least one that was larger."

You assume he said, "MMM was the largest."

Comment

What strikes me about this one is the randomness of it, did he hate fans of CW music? Also that their can be as much hate in someone named Stephan as their is in someone named Abdullah.

Comment

He said, "I can think of at least one that was larger."

You assume he said, "MMM was the largest."
                        C'mon. That's a pretty safe assumption.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          C'mon. That's a pretty safe assumption.
                          Scroll up and read. There's nothing to argue about here. I don't like telling PAC that he's wrong any more than the next guy, but in this instance, he's arguing against a point that no one is making.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            What strikes me about this one is the randomness of it, did he hate fans of CW music? Also that their can be as much hate in someone named Stephan as their is in someone named Abdullah.
                            I just don't understand why someone does this. This guy seems pretty vanilla. What happened?
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Scroll up and read. There's nothing to argue about here. I don't like telling PAC that he's wrong any more than the next guy, but in this instance, he's arguing against a point that no one is making.
                              lol

Well, I guess BM can settle this.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                              X