Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Strip - Deadliest Mass Shooting in US

Default Las Vegas Strip - Deadliest Mass Shooting in US

I was numb listening to the news coverage driving into work this morning. I Wish I would have just played some music instead. What is this world coming to?

I have friends I used to work with in law enforcement that went to Vegas Metro to work. I need to find out if they're OK.

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

The audio I heard sounds like an automatic weapon with a large magazine.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Unbelievable.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

We need better gun control.

A horrific tragedy.

Also, I would dispute whether this is truly the deadliest mass shooting in US History. I can think of at least one that was larger--not too far from Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post

A horrific tragedy.

Also, I would dispute whether this is truly the deadliest mass shooting in US History. I can think of at least one that was larger--not too far from Vegas.
    Score two cheap points in one post. Impressive.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Assuming Mountain Meadows was on US soil (was it still officially Mexico's in 1857?), he has a point on MMM.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Assuming Mountain Meadows was on US soil (was it still officially Mexico's in 1857?), he has a point on MMM.
    Not really, unless you wish to join BM in his apparent view that Blacks and Native Americans don't count. Wounded Knee and Greenwood, among other examples, come to mind. But if it's records we're looking for, we can agree that this is the largest single-shooter incident.

Philosopher of Men Sleeping in EQ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ByronMarchant View Post

A horrific tragedy.

There are several massacres of Native Americans that far exceed, in number, the murders at Mountain Meadows.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Weird night. Weird morning. Every year the first week of October, is our employee appreciation with several events throughout the week. One of those events is an active shooter seminar. My guess is that attendance is going to be up this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Not really, unless you wish to join BM in his apparent view that Blacks and Native Americans don't count. Wounded Knee and Greenwood, among other examples, come to mind. But if it's records we're looking for, we can agree that this is the largest single-shooter incident.
    He said, "I can think of at least one that was larger."

You assume he said, "MMM was the largest."

What strikes me about this one is the randomness of it, did he hate fans of CW music? Also that their can be as much hate in someone named Stephan as their is in someone named Abdullah.

C'mon. That's a pretty safe assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    C'mon. That's a pretty safe assumption.
    Scroll up and read. There's nothing to argue about here. I don't like telling PAC that he's wrong any more than the next guy, but in this instance, he's arguing against a point that no one is making.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    What strikes me about this one is the randomness of it, did he hate fans of CW music? Also that their can be as much hate in someone named Stephan as their is in someone named Abdullah.
    I just don't understand why someone does this. This guy seems pretty vanilla. What happened?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Scroll up and read. There's nothing to argue about here. I don't like telling PAC that he's wrong any more than the next guy, but in this instance, he's arguing against a point that no one is making.
    lol

Well, I guess BM can settle this.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

His real point wasn't to show there were larger mass shootings than last night (he had even more horrific examples at his disposal), but rather to seize the opportunity to take another shot at the Church. He and SU could perform a Carnegie Hall-worthy Vuvuzela Duet in F#, or whatever note it is those things emit.

Didn't we go over this when the Orlando shooting was the deadliest in history?

I had forgot about the vuvuzela. Very apropos here.

if only a responsible ccw permit holder had been at the concert, they could have used their .380 with four shots to defend the crowd against full auto fire from a fortified position 350 feet in the air and 500 yards away
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was referring to MMM...

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    if only a responsible ccw permit holder had been at the concert, they could have used their .380 with four shots to defend the crowd against full auto fire from a fortified position 350 feet in the air and 500 yards away
    if only

Guns are just a facilitator in a larger societal problem. Mass murder is a problem that appears unique to our culture. I'm talking about mentally unstable, not ideological, driven events. I'm not sure how we got here, nor do I have any ideas about how to stop it. It seems that people who want to check out, sometimes want to do it in a blaze of glory, and while guns have been the preferred method, I think it would continue even in their absence. This whole thing sucks, and I feel for the families of those involved.

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was referring to MMM...
    Of course he was referencing MMM. The assumption was largest as opposed to larger.
    Last edited by Green Monstah; 10-02-2017 at 09:46 AM.

OK. I will concede that MMM wasn't really that bad and shouldn't be mentioned. You guys win.

Guns are the biggest part of problem. Can't do this sort of thing without a big gun that should be illegal.

Crazy people will always be there. Big guns can go away.

Of course he was referencing MMM.

What are you arguing about then?

What are you arguing about then?
    largest vs. larger

Seems clear on its face.

You fell victim to the same assumption, apparently.

Trump will be here on Wednesday. Which means it's going to be even more of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Guns are just a facilitator in a larger societal problem. Mass murder is a problem that appears unique to our culture. I'm talking about mentally unstable, not ideological, driven events. I'm not sure how we got here, nor do I have any ideas about how to stop it. It seems that people who want to check out, sometimes want to do it in a blaze of glory, and while guns have been the preferred method, I think it would continue even in their absence. This whole thing sucks, and I feel for the families of those involved.
    you're right, this guy also could have thrown knives out of the hotel window and killed 50/wounded 500+.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Trump will be here on Wednesday. Which means it's going to be even more of a mess.
    How long until he starts taking shots at Democratic leadership in Nevada? Dude is such an ass clown.

I will also concede that mentioning MMM on a Mormon message board is about as smart as mentioning 9/11 on an Afghan message board.

MMM was a long time ago and very different so we can all just forget about it and focus on vegas. Sorry.

Pre-Historic Man

For people in the area:

At this time, we are told that the community needs blood donations for the injured. If you are in the area, please go to (1) Labor Health & Welfare Clinic on 7135 W. Sahara Avenue, (2) the United Blood Center at 6930 West Charleston, and (3) at 601 Whitney Ranch Drive in Henderson.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.