No announcement yet.

Utah Governor Spencer Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote counts updated today at 3pm. 39000 votes counted today and Cox has increased his lead by 700 votes. Very interesting.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...his-lead-over/

Another 112,000 votes to be counted, not including ballots still in the mail.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Vote counts updated today at 3pm. 39000 votes counted today and Cox has increased his lead by 700 votes. Very interesting.

I believe those 39000 come out of the 112,000 as that number was from last night. So that would mean 73,000 to go + still in mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        I believe those 39000 come out of the 112,000 as that number was from last night. So that would mean 73,000 to go + still in mail.
        Yeah, I wondered about that. You are probably right.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Vote counts updated today at 3pm. 39000 votes counted today and Cox has increased his lead by 700 votes. Very interesting.

Hmm... Maybe that SLTrib article is incorrect. Either way, things are looking good for Cox.

Comment

Hmm... Maybe that SLTrib article is incorrect. Either way, things are looking good for Cox.

Here is where the 112,000 comes from: https://voteinfo.utah.gov/2020-prima...ots-processed/

It was updated 5:30 yesterday.

Here is the official state results: https://electionresults.utah.gov/elections/statewide

I'm not sure what the total was at last night at 5:30 PM.
            Last edited by beefytee; 07-02-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Looks like the Trib article has been update with numbers. I believe there were probably about 19,000 votes that came in recently. If you look at the NY Times total and the official state results. The difference is about 19,000.

Comment

• Not sure if I missed this in the analysis above but... this is a huge turnout for a non-presidential primary.

There are 788,555 registered republicans and we will end up with over 500,000 votes for governor. That's over 63% turnout.

https://voteinfo.utah.gov/current-vo...on-statistics/

Comment

• Yep it’s over. The wanker has no path to victory.

Comment

• All that matters is Hughes lost.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if the Utah GOP changes the rules for the timeframe to register as a Republican. What is the deadline now, 1 month from the primary? They will switch to 6 months before the primary.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised if the Utah GOP changes the rules for the timeframe to register as a Republican. What is the deadline now, 1 month from the primary? They will switch to 6 months before the primary.
                        They should just make it an open primary. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          Looks like the Trib article has been update with numbers. I believe there were probably about 19,000 votes that came in recently. If you look at the NY Times total and the official state results. The difference is about 19,000.
                          Yep. A bunch of votes came in from Weber and Summit counties (Huntsman strongholds). Cut Cox’s lead down to just under 11,000. There’s apparently about 30,000 votes left to count in Salt Lake County, but everyone else is pretty much done (except for any stragglers that come in over the next few days). Huntsman would have to win 56% of the remaining votes in SL County to make up the margin. He’s currently at 46.45%. It’s over!

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            All that matters is Hughes lost.
                            That was goal #1. Goal #2 was making sure Huntsman didn’t get rewarded for being a shameless opportunist. Goal #3 was making sure Mrs. Kaufusi didn’t get rewarded for not sending her last son to BYU. Fortunately, Goal #2 was a condition precedent such that, when satisfied, Goal #3 would also be met.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              That was goal #1. Goal #2 was making sure Huntsman didn’t get rewarded for being a shameless opportunist. Goal #3 was making sure Mrs. Kaufusi didn’t get rewarded for not sending her last son to BYU. Fortunately, Goal #2 was a condition precedent such that, when satisfied, Goal #3 would also be met.
                              Agree on all counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                They should just make it an open primary. I don't see why that wouldn't work.
                                That’s how Texas does it. I voted for Biden in this years primary and have voted against Ted Cruz the years he ran. Works great for a pragmatist in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X