No announcement yet.

Utah Governor Spencer Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Medium article written by the Lt. Governor.

https://medium.com/@coxsp/3-funerals...e-35b8a210b806

You are probably wondering why I’m writing this. Honestly, I’m not even sure myself — except that I felt compelled to. I should probably have something more profound to say at this point. I guess, more than anything else, despite all the differences between these men, I was struck by the similarities of their funerals…and not just what was said, but what wasn’t said.

Conspicuously absent from their services was any discussion about politics. I have no idea where these three men stood on the Affordable Care Act or the GOP tax cuts. No one talked about earthly possessions or fame or fortune. The thing that mattered most…and maybe the only thing that mattered at all…was their service to others.

It would seem then, that true greatness, the real measure of a man, comes in the way he or she treats others. Martin Luther King Jr. said it so well, “Everybody can be great … because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” Thomas Monson knew that. Matt Hillyard knew that. And Glenn Mower knew that.
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 01-19-2018, 09:12 AM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I enjoyed how he made mention of two lesser knowns, Matt and Glenn.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

That's a great article. I don't see how anyone could not like that man.

Comment

I will probably never live in Utah, but I'm a big fan of Spencer Cox. I read an article from him a few months ago, and I almost quit my job and moved to my little hometown. My kids' college funds are glad I resisted the impulse.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            That's a great article. I don't see how anyone could not like that man.
            Watch him run for a major political office, and see the haters come out of the woodwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Watch him run for a major political office, and see the haters come out of the woodwork.
              No doubt about it. He has been critical of Trump. I am sure folks like UT and Walter would hate him.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Matt Hillyard was my grandma's home teacher. I forwarded the article along to her.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I really liked that.

Comment

(bump)

Saw some posts the other day about his bid to run for governor. Don't screw this up, Utah.

Comment

I like Cox too! Just donated to his campaign yesterday.
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Oh man. You’re entering a whole nother level of email/phone spamming and solicitation.
                      No phone calls. Only 2-3 emails, none of which asked for more money. Check that, the last one asked to consider donating for refugee relief as part of a birthday celebration for Spencer Cox.

Comment

No phone calls. Only 2-3 emails, none of which asked for more money. Check that, the last one asked to consider donating for refugee relief as part of a birthday celebration for Spencer Cox.

Next pay check I will donate a tiny amount of money to him. He will make an awesome governor.

Comment

Utah Lt. Governor Spencer Cox

I think it was really smart for him to get in early. He’s basically cleared the field. Chaffetz is already out. The only one I could see giving him a challenge is Huntsman, but I think that him being out of the state for so long will really hurt him. Spencer will make a terrific governor. I’m excited to vote for him.

P.S. His podcast is also very good.

Comment

Wonder what sacrificial lamb the democrats will trot out. Also wonder how hard the extremists/Trumpists will work to get some besides Cox as the candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Wonder what sacrificial lamb the democrats will trot out. Also wonder how hard the extremists/Trumpists will work to get some besides Cox as the candidate.
                              He’ll probably lose at the convention. Those psychos that have taken over the Utah GOP don’t like him.

Comment

In response to Trump's racist tweets and the "Send her back" chants:

For those of you on Tapatalk:

Sorry guys. I’m on vacation with my family—reception is spotty and I’ve been trying to stay off Twitter. Just catching up. This is not ok. We can combat ideas we disagree with...but this is wrong. Period.
                                And before I log back off...the Better Angels of our nature are dying. We have to change. I wish I could convince everyone to read @arthurbrooks “Love Your Enemies” & @BenSasse “Them: Why We Hate Each Other and How to Heal.” We must love more. Our nation’s fate depends on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X