X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    How does that work?
    https://time.com/5718941/ranked-choice-voting/

Ranked-choice voting is an electoral system that allows people to vote for multiple candidates, in order of preference. Instead of just choosing who you want to win, you fill out the ballot saying who is your first choice, second choice, or third choice (or more as needed) for each position.

The candidate with the majority (more than 50%) of first-choice votes wins outright. If no candidate gets a majority of first-choice votes, then it triggers a new counting process. The candidate who did the worst is eliminated, and that candidate’s voters’ ballots are redistributed to their second-choice pick. In other words, if you ranked a losing candidate as your first choice, and the candidate is eliminated, then your vote still counts: it just moves to your second-choice candidate. That process continues until there is a candidate who has the majority of votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      I've never been a fan of Hughes. The more he grandstands on his support for Trump and pushes his position on issues that are more conservative than I, as more of a moderate, am supportive of. Here's a great article on Hughes - I'd be curious if people come away after reading it more in favor or opposed to him:

https://www.deseret.com/2017/1/29/20...ay-jan-13-2017
      More opposed.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        I've never been a fan of Hughes. The more he grandstands on his support for Trump and pushes his position on issues that are more conservative than I, as more of a moderate, am supportive of. Here's a great article on Hughes - I'd be curious if people come away after reading it more in favor or opposed to him:

https://www.deseret.com/2017/1/29/20...ay-jan-13-2017
        Ugh. Barf. I don't live in Utah, but I'm now going to do whatever it takes to help my parents decide to vote for anyone but that guy.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Ugh. Barf. I don't live in Utah, but I'm now going to do whatever it takes to help my parents decide to vote for anyone but that guy.
          Isn't this the guy that got the state to audit the U over the cancellation of the basketball series? I would have thought this crowd would be all about this doofus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
            Isn't this the guy that got the state to audit the U over the cancellation of the basketball series? I would have thought this crowd would be all about this doofus.
            You never seem to be able to read the crowd very well.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              Don't tempt me to change my residence and vote for this guy.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                You never seem to be able to read the crowd very well.
                Point taken. And as a token of my good faith, I give you Wizard!

huntsman_band-934547741615a049109b883e9375abe9e1837804-s600-c85.jpg

Comment

• Hey, many of you folks were distraught that Cox didn't go openly anti-Trump in the election. You can take heart at this new ad by Greg Hughes!

Comment

• fuck that guy
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• besides being a trump supporter, he has the face and voice of a slimeball too. gross.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• I have softened on my crusade against that wanker John Huntsman. Huntsman and Cox should flip a coin and combine forces just so Greg Hughes has no chance. He is a horrible person.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          fuck that guy
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I have softened on my crusade against that wanker John Huntsman. Huntsman and Cox should flip a coin and combine forces just so Greg Hughes has no chance. He is a horrible person.
                          That ad makes me want to move to Utah so I can vote against him.

Comment

I have softened on my crusade against that wanker John Huntsman. Huntsman and Cox should flip a coin and combine forces just so Greg Hughes has no chance. He is a horrible person.
                            Yup there are 3 good candidates and 1 horrendous candidate. Unfortunately the horrendous candidate has a chance because he has cornered all of the Trump/deplorable vote.

Comment

Hey, many of you folks were distraught that Cox didn't go openly anti-Trump in the election. You can take heart at this new ad by Greg Hughes!

Hughes is an absolute scumbag. He would be terrible.

Comment

Hey, many of you folks were distraught that Cox didn't go openly anti-Trump in the election. You can take heart at this new ad by Greg Hughes!

Now that is a punchable face.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X