Utah Governor Spencer Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
    Yep. And this is really only good for Cox and bolstering his image as someone that is civil that will work with the other side. I don't see how it helps Peterson at all.
    Huh? Peterson has gotten a ton of good press out of this.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Press is one thing. Votes are another. I find it hard to see Peterson gaining any votes by participating in this. On the other hand, I can see Cox winning over some people on the fence who are hesitant to vote for a Republican this time. It differentiates him from Trump and the current rhetoric from many on the left about Republicans being monsters in general.

Comment

I agree with you. I didn't know who Peterson was and didn't vote for him against Cox (and still wouldn't). But now that I've seen him on camera he comes across as a thoughtful, rational, person of goodwill and character and I would consider voting for him for, say, SL Co. Mayor, or some other office, depending on who he was running against. I think it only bolstered his political future in Utah.

Comment

Yep. And this is really only good for Cox and bolstering his image as someone that is civil that will work with the other side. I don't see how it helps Peterson at all.
          And his image is genuine. He came and spoke to some of us at work in a small intimate setting. I walked away very impressed with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            And his image is genuine. He came and spoke to some of us at work in a small intimate setting. I walked away very impressed with him.
            Definitely agree. Spencer is great.

Comment

Press is one thing. Votes are another. I find it hard to see Peterson gaining any votes by participating in this. On the other hand, I can see Cox winning over some people on the fence who are hesitant to vote for a Republican this time. It differentiates him from Trump and the current rhetoric from many on the left about Republicans being monsters in general.
              Peterson was never going to win. He never had a chance.

Comment

Ha. Purity tests. Nothing is ever quite good enough.
                How is that a purity test. That is absurd. He endorsed an awful candidate, I'd prefer he didn't .
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  I agree with you. I didn't know who Peterson was and didn't vote for him against Cox (and still wouldn't). But now that I've seen him on camera he comes across as a thoughtful, rational, person of goodwill and character and I would consider voting for him for, say, SL Co. Mayor, or some other office, depending on who he was running against. I think it only bolstered his political future in Utah.
                  Exactly. He never stood a chance, but now people know him and he seems really sharp. A negative campaign would not have given him any of this goodwill.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    Peterson was never going to win. He never had a chance.
                    Exactly. He is now known as a guy who appeared in a commercial with the republican and got along well with him. That’s as good as a democrat candidate can hope for in Utah.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

dude, he's young. this could be a move for future votes as much as anything.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        dude, he's young. this could be a move for future votes as much as anything.
                        Don't disagree, although we've seen several one-off democrats disappear from the scene after getting trounced in a Utah election. I like Peterson and hope that he does have plans to stick around. I would vote for him over Mike Lee. I'd also vote for him over either of the AG candidates that are currently running in Utah.

Comment

Don't disagree, although we've seen several one-off democrats disappear from the scene after getting trounced in a Utah election. I like Peterson and hope that he does have plans to stick around. I would vote for him over Mike Lee. I'd also vote for him over either of the AG candidates that are currently running in Utah.
                          what a disaster the choices for ag are. skordas is very greasy, and reyes is exceedingly dumb.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            what a disaster the choices for ag are. skordas is very greasy, and reyes is exceedingly dumb.
                            Agreed.

Comment

• The water board I sit on is in Sanpete County. Out there, they love them some Spencer Cox. Everyone claims to know him personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                Yep. Had a really hard time deciding on that race. I think I ultimately went with Skordas because I think some shake up in the office could be good. Not that it will matter. Reyes will easily win again.

Comment

Working...
                                X