Utah Governor Spencer Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Governor Spencer Cox

I was going to post this in the anthem thread, but I think this guy deserves his own thread.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/...lly-brilliant/

I am not sure I have ever known a politician that I have consistently agreed with more than Spencer Cox. He seems to nail it on each and every issue. Read the part at the end about the Utah Caucus system. Spot on.

He is also down-to-earth and genuinely witty on Twitter. And a BYU fan!

I think he is going places. I hope so.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

yeah like him a lot. he and ben mcadams are the future of utah politics
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

He came and spoke to us a few months back, and I was really impressed with him as well. Sanpete County must be proud.

Comment

His words are impressive. I also saw a blurb where he accepted a challenge to live on $5 daily for food for a couple of days to simulate what it's like to live on SNAP benefits. I thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          yeah like him a lot. he and ben mcadams are the future of utah politics
          Agreed, I've spent some time with McAdams. He is genuine and sincere. I haven't met Cox, but he also seems genuine and fair minded, and kind. He has gone out of his to dialogue with those whom hold different views. I voted for Herbert/Cox just because of the Lt. Gov.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I was going to post this in the anthem thread, but I think this guy deserves his own thread.

I am not sure I have ever known a politician that I have consistently agreed with more than Spencer Cox. He seems to nail it on each and every issue. Read the part at the end about the Utah Caucus system. Spot on.

I was at the Utah-North Dakota game this year and they featured him with his wife on the jumbotron in Ute gear flashing the block U with their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
              I was at the Utah-North Dakota game this year and they featured him with his wife on the jumbotron in Ute gear flashing the block U with their hands.
              He is dead to me.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

OK, I have finally learned something about this dude I don't like.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

He sounds like an awful person. #sjbh
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

By doing that he is deepening the divisions in the state for cynical political gain. Diabolical!

Comment

Nice profile in the SL Trib.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/...ys-right-wing/

And yet ... that knucklehead Jason Chaffetz is the early frontrunner for utah governor in 2020. Unreal.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/...overnors-race/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I think he would be a great politician at the national level. I tend to think the reason he left the lawyerin' world was because he is such a politician that his system could not abide the courtroom. Being a good attorney often requires you to make others upset and Spencer just instinctively hates to do that - more than most people hate it. Truth be told he probably loves redneck livin' about as much as I do - but as that expert on human nature often says: "you can buy anything in this world with money." There are benefits to living rural but Spencer ain't on that farm to raise boys.

Beyond that he is really brilliant. I mean that honestly. Spencer possesses an elite intellect to go with his genuine desire to bring people together. I also do believe he is morally focussed above and beyond his need for consensus and self-promotion. There are times I think he needs to be punched in the face repeatedly, but that is just a "flaw" in my opinion of folks disposed by personality type to want to be politicians/consensus builders. However, they do make the best politicians as our current deplorable CIC indicates.

I hope he ends up in DC.

He is an absolute die hard in the wool BYU fan from the 80's. Abbey isn't much into sports so forgive her because she knew not what she did. Spencer is there from the satellite at the chapel with Jason Buck sacking and our current OC 500 yards throwing not to mention the family probably fed Mo Elwonibi back in Mo's sober days at Snow.
                        Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 10-23-2017, 08:40 AM.
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          I think he would be a great politician at the national level. I tend to think the reason he left the lawyerin' world was because he is such a politician that his system could not abide the courtroom. Being a good attorney often requires you to make others upset and Spencer just instinctively hates to do that - more than most people hate it. Truth be told he probably loves redneck livin' about as much as I do - but as that expert on human nature often says: "you can buy anything in this world with money." There are benefits to living rural but Spencer ain't on that farm to raise boys.

Beyond that he is really brilliant. I mean that honestly. Spencer possesses an elite intellect to go with his genuine desire to bring people together. I also do believe he is morally focussed above and beyond his need for consensus and self-promotion. There are times I think he needs to be punched in the face repeatedly, but that is just a "flaw" in my opinion of folks disposed by personality type to want to be politicians/consensus builders. However, they do make the best politicians as our current deplorable CIC indicates.

I hope he ends up in DC.

He is an absolute die hard in the wool BYU fan from the 80's. Abbey isn't much into sports so forgive her because she knew not what she did. Spencer is there from the satellite at the chapel with Jason Buck sacking and our current OC 500 yards throwing not to mention the family probably fed Mo Elwonibi back in Mo's sober days at Snow.
                          Given how he is willing to badmouth Trump and criticize the Utah Republican leadership, he might have too much integrity for a long career in politics. See Jeff Flake in AZ.

Comment

Good thread. He's a great follow on Twitter and will be fun to watch over the next few years. He does seem like a bigger Aggie fan than BYU, but whatever.

Comment

He sang with us tonight as a guest as part of his hosting duties for Luis Miranda, Jr., of the Hamilton education initiative, who also was a guest.
                              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
                              X