Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    D

Do you not think claiming he has "lost everything" in a lucrative Nike ad campaign is a little ridiculous?
    Absolutely it's ridiculous. No argument there.

But Bin Laden did lose everything in the name of fighting for an extremely evil cause. To equate the two because Kaepernick is annoying should still be pretty offensive to a normal person, I would think. I don't think protesting during the national anthem should be equated with the killing of thousands of innocent people, which is what the meme essentially does. Classic alt-right trash or maybe Russian produced trash for alt-right morons to distribute for them.
    Last edited by BlueK; 09-04-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post

But Bin Laden did lose everything in the name of fighting for an extremely evil cause. To equate the two because Kaepernick is annoying should still be pretty offensive to a normal person, I would think. I don't think equating protesting during the national anthem should be equated with the killing of thousands of innocent people, which is what the meme essentially does.
      Ah, I see you are making the mistake of assuming I am paying close attention to this nonsense. For further explanation, see my stipulation above endorsed by the dude.

Comment

But Bin Laden did lose everything in the name of fighting for an extremely evil cause. To equate the two because Kaepernick is annoying should still be pretty offensive to a normal person, I would think. I don't think protesting during the national anthem should be equated with the killing of thousands of innocent people, which is what the meme essentially does.
        You are over-analyzing it. To me it just mocks the whole stupid controversy.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I just dislike virtue signaling as a form of business PR.
          Last edited by snowcat; 09-04-2018, 12:09 PM.
          One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
          SU

Comment

Whatever you think of Kaepernick, he's not an evil terrorist.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

But Bin Laden did lose everything in the name of fighting for an extremely evil cause. To equate the two because Kaepernick is annoying should still be pretty offensive to a normal person, I would think. I don't think protesting during the national anthem should be equated with the killing of thousands of innocent people, which is what the meme essentially does. Classic alt-right trash or maybe Russian produced trash for alt-right morons to distribute for them.
              This shows why the slogan is so stupid. It DOES fit Bin laden's situation. The slogan implicitly endorses the idea of moral equivalence in all ideas. I don't really care about kneeling, as I think it is their right to do it. I also think the whole campaign is so general as to be pointless (is there any substantial minority of people that think equal rights and protection under the law is not a good idea?). And then they put out this sort of stupid slogan? But not all ideas are equivalent. So dont just believe in something/anyhintg. Dont be prepared to sacrifice EVERYTHING for JUST any something. We must choose our causes wisely and carefully.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You are blinded by something. The Bin Laden meme is mocking the Nike wording. It is not comparing Bin Laden to Kaep. Stop being silly and letting your Trump distaste make you dumb or before long you will think any criticism of Kaep is racism.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  This shows why the slogan is so stupid. It DOES fit Bin laden's situation. The slogan implicitly endorses the idea of moral equivalence in all ideas. I don't really care about kneeling, as I think it is their right to do it. I also think the whole campaign is so general as to be pointless (is there any substantial minority of people that think equal rights and protection under the law is not a good idea?). And then they put out this sort of stupid slogan? But not all ideas are equivalent. So dont just believe in something/anyhintg. Dont be prepared to sacrifice EVERYTHING for JUST any something. We must choose our causes wisely and carefully.
                  Puts the “Just do it” slogan in a new light.

Comment

• I know I've probably stated this dozens of times already, but Kaepernick started this protest by sitting on the bench during the anthem because he was pissed about Blaine Gabbert getting the start over him during the 2016 preseason. He didn't start this when he was still the starter for the 49ers. Kaepernick remembered the Mizzou lunacy from fall 2015 over a mythical poop swastika and decided to say that his "protest" had a higher cause than being benched in favor of Blaine effing Gabbert. People jumping on board with this idiot is like the fictional audience and critics in The Producers making a hit out of Springtime for Hitler.

Yes, I believe I've used this Producers reference before.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Take a knee.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        [ATTACH]9024[/ATTACH]

Ok, that's pretty damn funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          I know I've probably stated this dozens of times already, but Kaepernick started this protest by sitting on the bench during the anthem because he was pissed about Blaine Gabbert getting the start over him during the 2016 preseason. He didn't start this when he was still the starter for the 49ers. Kaepernick remembered the Mizzou lunacy from fall 2015 over a mythical poop swastika and decided to say that his "protest" had a higher cause than being benched in favor of Blaine effing Gabbert. People jumping on board with this idiot is like the fictional audience and critics in The Producers making a hit out of Springtime for Hitler.

Thanks for the reminder.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            I know I've probably stated this dozens of times already, but Kaepernick started this protest by sitting on the bench during the anthem because he was pissed about Blaine Gabbert getting the start over him during the 2016 preseason. He didn't start this when he was still the starter for the 49ers. Kaepernick remembered the Mizzou lunacy from fall 2015 over a mythical poop swastika and decided to say that his "protest" had a higher cause than being benched in favor of Blaine effing Gabbert. People jumping on board with this idiot is like the fictional audience and critics in The Producers making a hit out of Springtime for Hitler.

He was on the bench that preseason due to a shoulder injury. Or maybe that was just a cover because management would rather trade someone struggling with an injury that he would eventually overcome as opposed to just someone who sucked.

What it must be like to be under a microscope and have your every move scrutinized by the Right, the Left, and anyone with an agenda. Maybe he did sit because he was upset at the situation he was in, and said something stupid, and painted himself into a corner. Who really knows? Only Kap knows why he did what he did. And we all sit back and mock him because he can't articulate why he even does what he does. Well I suppose we have to make sense out of this crazy world we live in, so we find a way to fill in the gaps one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              He was on the bench that preseason due to a shoulder injury. Or maybe that was just a cover because management would rather trade someone struggling with an injury that he would eventually overcome as opposed to just someone who sucked.

What it must be like to be under a microscope and have your every move scrutinized by the Right, the Left, and anyone with an agenda. Maybe he did sit because he was upset at the situation he was in, and said something stupid, and painted himself into a corner. Who really knows? Only Kap knows why he did what he did. And we all sit back and mock him because he can't articulate why he even does what he does. Well I suppose we have to make sense out of this crazy world we live in, so we find a way to fill in the gaps one way or the other.
                              I think it is faiur to mock someone who promotes something but struggles mightily to describe what they are promoting. I liked Kap when he was with the niners. I read some interviews from him going back as far as when he was at UNR and he seemed like a genuine, decent kid. But he strikes me as the Chance the Gardener of civil rights leaders.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Not exactly on point, but I had to post this somewhere. A young woman belted out the National Anthem at CPAC this weekend, unfettered by any allegiance to a specific key. The second half of her rendition has been making the rounds on Twitter as she compensates for tone deafness with considerable volume. But a sublime video on Instagram adds an accompanist whose reactions and facial expressions are very funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X