Anthem Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    This is great. The team decides it is going to make a statement (multiple statements, actually) by both kneeling and not kneeling. Then this kid decides he wants to make a different statement. Sorry kid, you either make our statement, or you're off the team! Never mind the fact that the statement the kid is making is the same as one of the statements the team is making!
    It's so dumb it's kind of funny.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      It's so dumb it's kind of funny.
      SO should this be in the "Benefits of a Liberal Education" thread?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Yeah, I wonder if they will renew BYU's contract after 2019.
        They will sign us up because they need inventory but there is no way they will pay the same rate.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          This is great. The team decides it is going to make a statement (multiple statements, actually) by both kneeling and not kneeling. Then this kid decides he wants to make a different statement. Sorry kid, you either make our statement, or you're off the team! Never mind the fact that the statement the kid is making is the same as one of the statements the team is making!
          Ummmm, there's no "I" in "team"
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I’m not buying that ESPN is losing ratings due to its “liberal politics.”

There are a lot of forces at work that will continue to drag ESPN down off its perch for the next 20 years. But this idea that all these conservative Trump supporter sports fans are no longer tuning in for political reasons is so dumb. That’s not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Ummmm, there's no "I" in "team"

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                I’m not buying that ESPN is losing ratings due to its “liberal politics.”

There are a lot of forces at work that will continue to drag ESPN down off its perch for the next 20 years. But this idea that all these conservative Trump supporter sports fans are no longer tuning in for political reasons is so dumb. That’s not happening.
                You are wrong.

Comment

You are wrong.
                  OK nevermind I’m sure you and Trump are correct that Bama and Clemson fans are gonna not watch their team play this weekend because ESPN is pro-gay and anti-Trump. Sorry I stand corrected.

Comment

• Anthem Mania

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

I think you're wrong too. I would often have espn on in the background but now it tends to annoy me so I don't. And some shows, like the one with Jemele hill, are not sports but are unwatchable. There are a number of reasons espn is losing viewers, but I think this is one of them.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

OK nevermind I’m sure you and Trump are correct that Bama and Clemson fans are gonna not watch their team play this weekend because ESPN is pro-gay and anti-Trump. Sorry I stand corrected.
                      They are going to watch their team play, but I guarantee you they are less likely to watch SportsCenter or any of the other programming.

Comment

They are going to watch their team play, but I guarantee you they are less likely to watch SportsCenter or any of the other programming.
                        Exactly.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

for me, it's not the liberal politics themselves, but the fact that politics (liberal and otherwise) supplant good content.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Exactly.
                            I love seeing you two agreeing! Warms my soul.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

I’m in the middle on this. I really like SC with SVP, College Football Live and Game Day. Almost everything else with talking Heads I can’t stand. Some is that it is becoming more and more politicized, some is that the talking heads are not good. So I don’t watch nearly as much ESPN as I used to and some of it is because of politics.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• I find Trump's disparaging remarks toward McCain and his refusal to apologize to him, make Trump an even bigger hypocrite when he grandstands on anthem kneeling issue. He has no moral authority to challenge anyone's patriotism.

Comment

Working...
                                X