The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    I am still watching. Our defense is just sad. Bowman lost his way a bit by gutting the defensive pairings. I think he can course correct next year, but it will be interesting. He needs to get back to the principles that built this team. Our offense is still good enough, but we just can't possess the puck in our own end anymore.
    Gutted the pairings and overpaid for Seabrook. That Seabrook contract is awful. It is probably his worst decision as a GM, even worse than the Bickell contract.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Also, I don't think we can really underestimate the impact of us essentially getting the Saadfather Part III instead of the anticipated Part II.
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Four Blackhawks fans ejected for racist taunts at Washington Capitals player Devante Smith-Pelly.

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/2/...ngton-capitals
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

If fans say racist stuff they should be kicked out. I don't give a shit what team they are a fan of. Every team in the NHL has fans like this and I am for kicking out the racists.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            If fans say racist stuff they should be kicked out. I don't give a shit what team they are a fan of. Every team in the NHL has fans like this and I am for kicking out the racists.
            Boston had a real ugly incident a few years ago with Joel Ward when he scored in OT to knock them out of the playoffs (I think that game knocked them out). Agree though, this stuff has to go.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
              Four Blackhawks fans ejected for racist taunts at Washington Capitals player Devante Smith-Pelly.

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/2/...ngton-capitals
              Don't ever let them back in the arena.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

What a shitty season. The only thing that could have made it shittier is the Red Wings winning the cup.

I like the young talent the Blackhawks have and for the first time since 2010 there won't need to be a salary cap bloodletting during the offseason. The metrics were actually there for the Blackhawks this year. The puck possession numbers were good, and actually better than last year.

It is the right call to bring the Q-Stache back and Bowman back. Now go out and fix the blueline.

It has been a lot of bad luck this year. Hopefully, that bad luck is reversed by winning the draft lottery.

I miss Hossa.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I look forward to the Caps letting me down once again. Even if they get passed Columbus, it is hard for me to imagine they'll exercise the demons against either Pit or Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    What a shitty season. The only thing that could have made it shittier is the Red Wings winning the cup.

I like the young talent the Blackhawks have and for the first time since 2010 there won't need to be a salary cap bloodletting during the offseason. The metrics were actually there for the Blackhawks this year. The puck possession numbers were good, and actually better than last year.

It is the right call to bring the Q-Stache back and Bowman back. Now go out and fix the blueline.

It has been a lot of bad luck this year. Hopefully, that bad luck is reversed by winning the draft lottery.

I miss Hossa.
                    agreed.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I'm hoping the Kings don't get steamrolled by a first year team.

I will say this though...the Knights have been fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        I'm hoping the Kings don't get steamrolled by a first year team.

I will say this though...the Knights have been fun to watch.
                        Funny, I was hoping the opposite.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Funny, I was hoping the opposite.
                          The fact that you are rooting for the Golden Knights makes me a Kings fan.

GO KINGS.

I think this is the Predators year. I'm still fucking pissed at that absurd Weber for Subban trade. The Preds remind me a lot of the Blackhawks teams that were built from the blueline in.

I actually think a Preds-Lightning final would be incredibly entertaining.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The fact that you are rooting for the Golden Knights makes me a Kings fan.

GO KINGS.

I think this is the Predators year. I'm still fucking pissed at that absurd Weber for Subban trade. The Preds remind me a lot of the Blackhawks teams that were built from the blueline in.

I actually think a Preds-Lightning final would be incredibly entertaining.
                            Funk changing sports allegiances once again. Big surprise there.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Funk changing sports allegiances once again. Big surprise there.
                              I'm not abandoning the one true franchise in hockey, the Chicago Blackhawks. I am simply wanting you to take no joy out of your new found appreciation for hockey.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I'm not abandoning the one true franchise in hockey, the Chicago Blackhawks. I am simply wanting you to take no joy out of your new found appreciation for hockey.
                                You might want to start that wine appreciation thread now so it will be ready to go once you get tired of craft beer.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X