The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

I don't care if it is the preseason, it always nice to kick the asses of the Detroit Red Wings. May those mother fuckers never see the playoffs again.

Saad with a hat trick against the Red Wings.

20131211_1512151.jpg
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

In retrospect, I wonder if I should have gone with the "The Saadfather Part II. The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread."

Either way, Saad is awesome.
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      In retrospect, I wonder if I should have gone with the "The Saadfather Part II. The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread."

Either way, Saad is awesome.
      Let me know, I can change it.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Let me know, I can change it.
        Thank you. I will leave the decision in the capable hands of Flystripper when he finally shows up here.
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

NHL rules that Hossa is eligible for LTIR. If would have killed the franchise if this approval had not been given. I'm curious if StanBo will use the cap space immediately, or if he will wait to assess the needs of the franchise midseason.

No matter what though, we are not going to be able to use the space to get a player of Hossa's caliber. The NHL just isn't the same with the DemiGod.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

"The Saadfather Part II. The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread." wins
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

NHL rules that Hossa is eligible for LTIR. If would have killed the franchise if this approval had not been given. I'm curious if StanBo will use the cap space immediately, or if he will wait to assess the needs of the franchise midseason.

No matter what though, we are not going to be able to use the space to get a player of Hossa's caliber. The NHL just isn't the same with the DemiGod.
              Love having Saad back, but I am very concerned about the team this season. I think there will be a step backwards unless StanBo can work some magic with the LTIR. While its fun having Saad and Sharp back, losing Panerin, Hossa, Hammer and TVR is a MAJOR problem. Our hopes ride on Hartman and Schmatlz forgetting about their post-season slump and picking up where they left off last year in the regular season. We can't afford them to stand pat let alone regress a bit. The blue line has the potential to be a fucking disaster. How long can we rely on Keith to log the minutes that he logs and if there is an injury....forget about it.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                "The Saadfather Part II. The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread." wins
                Dude, make the change.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  Love having Saad back, but I am very concerned about the team this season. I think there will be a step backwards unless StanBo can work some magic with the LTIR. While its fun having Saad and Sharp back, losing Panerin, Hossa, Hammer and TVR is a MAJOR problem. Our hopes ride on Hartman and Schmatlz forgetting about their post-season slump and picking up where they left off last year in the regular season. We can't afford them to stand pat let alone regress a bit. The blue line has the potential to be a fucking disaster. How long can we rely on Keith to log the minutes that he logs and if there is an injury....forget about it.
                  I'm not optimistic about this season. I think we are basically in the Penguins from a couple years ago model right now. We need to let the cap rise to allow depth to be built around our 2 large contracts. As long as Kane/Toews are taking such a huge percentage of the cap, we are going to have problems. The cap needs another 5-10 million on it before I think we can contend again.

I like bringing in Cody Franson on a cheap deal. I also like bringing in Bickell for a 1-day contract to let him retire as a Blackhawk.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Dude, make the change.
                    Done!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I fully expect the Caps to once again rip through the regular season. After that, we'll see.
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                        I fully expect the Caps to once again rip through the regular season. After that, we'll see.
                        I fully expect the Islanders to limp along and barely make or barely miss the playoffs. After that, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          I fully expect the Islanders to limp along and barely make or barely miss the playoffs. After that, we'll see.
                          I fully expect to not watch a single NHL game this season, but still read most every post in this thread for some inexplicable reason. After that, we'll see.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Go Kings Go!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              Go Kings Go!
                              Go Kopitar yourself
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                              X