No announcement yet.

The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, time to actually dig into the Blackhawks roster and lines. It isn't nearly as pretty as years past, but I think this is still a playoff team. It would take some miracles form Hartman, Schmaltz, and DeBrincat to win the cup.

Saad-Toews-Panik. The top line is pretty much set. I don't think the Blackhawks brought Saad back for anything other than pair him with Toews. It is a lot to ask Panik to play on the top line again, but there isn't any real choice without consolidating talent too much. I do expect there to be times where the Q-Stache employs the nuclear option and puts Kane on this line.

DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane. I think you have to roll the dice with DeBrincat playing on a line with Kane. He has the most potential to recreate what happened with Panarin, not that I expect anything Panarin-like from DeBrincat. You also have a big question of the center. Ansimov is definitely better, but Schmaltz has the greater potential. I like the idea of pairing Kane with the two young players and seeing what happens. It is pretty concerning to see this many young players in the top 6. What will concern me is if we end up with a Sharp-Ansimov-Kane line

Sharp-Ansimov-Hartman. Love Sharp back on the team on the 3rd line, hate it if he ends up playing on the top 2 lines

4th line. Who the fuck knows at this point. Depth is a serious problem

I'm not going to get into the defense, too depressing right now.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Alright, time to actually dig into the Blackhawks roster and lines. It isn't nearly as pretty as years past, but I think this is still a playoff team. It would take some miracles form Hartman, Schmaltz, and DeBrincat to win the cup.

Saad-Toews-Panik. The top line is pretty much set. I don't think the Blackhawks brought Saad back for anything other than pair him with Toews. It is a lot to ask Panik to play on the top line again, but there isn't any real choice without consolidating talent too much. I do expect there to be times where the Q-Stache employs the nuclear option and puts Kane on this line.

DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane. I think you have to roll the dice with DeBrincat playing on a line with Kane. He has the most potential to recreate what happened with Panarin, not that I expect anything Panarin-like from DeBrincat. You also have a big question of the center. Ansimov is definitely better, but Schmaltz has the greater potential. I like the idea of pairing Kane with the two young players and seeing what happens. It is pretty concerning to see this many young players in the top 6. What will concern me is if we end up with a Sharp-Ansimov-Kane line

Sharp-Ansimov-Hartman. Love Sharp back on the team on the 3rd line, hate it if he ends up playing on the top 2 lines

4th line. Who the fuck knows at this point. Depth is a serious problem

I'm not going to get into the defense, too depressing right now.
      seems about right.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Kings home opener tonight!

Also...Conner McDavid is good. Man that was a great game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
          Kings home opener tonight!

Also...Conner McDavid is good. Man that was a great game last night.
          better than good. we are witnessing the next all-time great

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            better than good. we are witnessing the next all-time great
            There is a reason he got a 12.5 million dollar per year contract.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Yeah. Good good.

The Edmonton AHL team is in Bakersfield, so they have become my 2nd team as we get to see quite a bit of their farm system roll through here.

Comment

The Saadfather with a Hat trick opening night. If only they could all be that easy.
                Last edited by Flystripper; 10-05-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

The Saadfather with a Hat trick opening night. If only they could all be that easy.
                  I'd even take a few 5-1 easy beat downs. They don't all have to be 10-1 destroying of the other team.

What a great way to start the season, beating those Penguin assholes like that.

Kane's first 2 assists in that game were unreal.

8 points for Hartman and Schmaltz. If we get production from those 2 players we may just have the depth to do some damage this year.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Blackhawks win again. 5-1. So far so good. I know it is early but wow. they are dominant so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Blackhawks win again. 5-1. So far so good. I know it is early but wow. they are dominant so far.

Going to get to see them up close in a week or so when they play the Golden Knights.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm trying not to get too excited about only 2 games into the season. The Pens and Blue Jackets are both very good teams, but we got a favor getting both coming off back-to-back games and having backup goalies in net.

It is still encouraging to see some life out of the offense that shit the bed against the Predators last year in the playoffs.

I'm really worried about the Leafs tonight and the test that they are going to give our defense.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

So far so good!

Comment

ESAD, Blackhawks.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I went to my first NHL game last Saturday. Traveling Blackhawks fans made it an effing home game for Chicago. They won 4-2 and groups of them were out chanting here we go blackhawks, etc after the game. I made it a point to make some of the groups mad by interrupting their chant with a sudden jarring coyote howl (the trademark cheer for the Phoenix Coyotes). Some of em got legit mad. These assholes are serious about hockey.
                              Last edited by Commando; 10-25-2017, 08:47 AM.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                I went to my first NHL game last Saturday. Traveling Blackhawks fans made it an effing home game for Chicago. They won 4-2 and groups of them were out chanting here we go blackhawks, etc after the game. I made it a point to make some of the groups mad by interrupting their chant with a sudden jarring coyote howl (the trademark cheer for the Phoenix Coyotes). Some of em got legit mad. These assholes are serious about hockey.
                                I'm still mad about that Hjammer trade. You guys get one of the most consistently underrated defensiveman in the league and we have some guy who keeps being a healthy scratch.
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X