The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Or you could watch some highlights of the game.
    Why would I do that when you know-it-alls could discern the good from the bad?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      I continue to be confused about why the Lightning can't put it all together in the Stanley Cup playoffs. After the 2015 finals, I was pretty confident that was the team to beat in the NHL for several years to come. It got even worse when that asshole Red Wing GM got team friendly deals from Stamkos and Hedman.
      Weird that they can't win at home but won on the road.

More importantly are you a convert to the Golden Knights fan club?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• The Caps dominated games 1-2 in Tampa and are now 7-1 on the road in these playoffs. They outworked Tampa in every phase of the game the first two games. In game 3 last night, that was not the case. The Caps essentially laid an egg after many in the media in DC declared the series over...apparently they've forgotten what the last 20 years of DC sports have looked like. Here's hoping they can get back on track in game 4.
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          Weird that they can't win at home but won on the road.

More importantly are you a convert to the Golden Knights fan club?
          As long as falafel is a part of the Golden Knights fan club, I will not be participating as part of that club.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Hockey 101 with Snoop Dogg, well worth watching.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

As long as falafel is a part of the Golden Knights fan club, I will not be participating as part of that club.
              Falafel is a good dude; he just doesn't like to play nice on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                Falafel is a good dude; he just doesn't like to play nice on tv.
                C'mon funk, I'll let you hometeach me while you watch the game at my house.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Good thing the GK's have Fleury, I haven't seen the Jets play much this year but they are really good. With Laine and Scheifele they will be a solid team for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    Good thing the GK's have Fleury, I haven't seen the Jets play much this year but they are really good. With Laine and Scheifele they will be a solid team for a long time.
                    I thought the Predators were great and the Jets took care of them. The first game impressed me and I have been happy how the Knights have played thus far. I enjoy their frenetic energy.

Comment

• the Preds won the Presidents cup...only 5 times in the last 20 years have the winners of the President's cup won the Stanley cup and only twice since 2006 (the beginning of the salary cap era) have the presidents cup winners won the Stanley cup. The Preds have an awesome team but something about having the best regular season does not translate into post season success.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        the Preds won the Presidents cup...only 5 times in the last 20 years have the winners of the President's cup won the Stanley cup and only twice since 2006 (the beginning of the salary cap era) have the presidents cup winners won the Stanley cup. The Preds have an awesome team but something about having the best regular season does not translate into post season success.
                        I seem to remember the last time the President's Trophy winner won Lord Stanley's Cup

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I seem to remember the last time the President's Trophy winner won Lord Stanley's Cup

You see me working. I don’t know if I even believe in the curse but it gives me a chance to remember 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Four more wins to go. Go Knights!

Comment

• Who cares about the Knights? The Las Vegas Aces started playing today.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Ho-hum. Looking forward to another 12 or 13 Stanley Cup finals in the next 13 or 14 years.

No fluke this. The Winnipeg Jets were reckoned the best team left alive, after besting in seven games the league’s other best team, and they ran into a buzzsaw. After losing Game 1, Vegas never trailed again in this series, 240 straight minutes. The fearsome Winnipeg offense was silenced, scoring only 10 goals in five games—just six in their final four. The Golden Knights were fresher, faster, stouter, and are 12-3 in the postseason. Not bad for a bunch of players nobody wanted a year ago—not even, necessarily, Vegas GM George McPhee.
                                https://deadspin.com/holy-crap-the-g...hts-1826189286
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X