No announcement yet.

The Saadfather Part II - The 2017-2018 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas losing its composure here a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Up 3-1. Hard to believe. That last one will be difficult to get.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• I expect a big surge from Vegas early in game 5, much like they did last night. If the Caps can weather the early storm, I certainly like their chances to win on Thursday, but I've learned to not take anything for granted.

Comment

• The Caps were my 4th favorite team in 5th grade. Yeah, I went through a serious hockey phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            The Caps were my 4th favorite team in 5th grade. Yeah, I went through a serious hockey phase.
            I am of course assuming that the Blackhawks were your favorite team.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
              I am of course assuming that the Blackhawks were your favorite team.
              Sorry Blackhawks never made my list, and it went 7 deep at one point. Growing up in Omaha where everyone had only one real team (the Huskers) I didn't understand local rivalries and therefore had the Islanders, Rangers, and Devils all in my top 5. After a while I stopped caring about everyone except the Islanders, who were always my favorite.

For the past 25 years I haven't really needed to pay attention to the Islanders, either. I was even on my mission when that fake billionaire bought them so I missed the only exciting thing they did since their last title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                Sorry Blackhawks never made my list, and it went 7 deep at one point. Growing up in Omaha where everyone had only one real team (the Huskers) I didn't understand local rivalries and therefore had the Islanders, Rangers, and Devils all in my top 5. After a while I stopped caring about everyone except the Islanders, who were always my favorite.

For the past 25 years I haven't really needed to pay attention to the Islanders, either. I was even on my mission when that fake billionaire bought them so I missed the only exciting thing they did since their last title.
                John Tavares is certainly worth paying attention to.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Damn, hectic pace to start the 3rd.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Congrats to the Caps.

Gotta say, I thought it would have been easier for the Knights to win. Surprising.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• They did it!!!! I can't believe it!!!!

Comment

• as a lifelong passionate fan of the washingtom capitals hockey team, i am tremendously excited about the outcome of today’s match
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Playoff hockey is awesome. That Backstrom to Ovechkin pass was a thing of beauty.

30% of Vegas fans sold their tickets to Caps fans? If there was any doubt before that proves they don’t deserve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            Playoff hockey is awesome. That Backstrom to Ovechkin pass was a thing of beauty.

30% of Vegas fans sold their tickets to Caps fans? If there was any doubt before that proves they don’t deserve it.
                            Willing to bet that's not what happened.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                              I fully expect the Caps to once again rip through the regular season. After that, we'll see.
                              usp_nhl__stanley_cup_final-washington_capitals_at_100451057.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                Playoff hockey is awesome. That Backstrom to Ovechkin pass was a thing of beauty.

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Willing to bet that's not what happened.
                                I want in on that bet too. I don't live there, but I spend about half of my life in Vegas and from my perspective, people were totally consumed by hockey, at least through the playoffs. I've never seen anything like it, including the Jazz golden years (or this year).
                                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                                X