Badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers: Wisc at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Why did he bring up the Utes. I am just trying to help. But what I said ought to be a banality by now. As a Ute fan, I don't want BYU to hire Navy's coach.
    Because you are (well, at least you pretend to be) a Ute fan.

Comment

• Do you ever wonder if rejoining a conference is even an option? Do you think that they'd have trouble gaining entrance to, say, the American? I wonder if there'd be some of the same grass roots resistance we saw with the B12 students? I don't see how they could go back to the MWC (and I'd choose American over MWC personally) without losing face and even if they tried, I could envision some measure of resistance there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        Do you ever wonder if rejoining a conference is even an option? Do you think that they'd have trouble gaining entrance to, say, the American? I wonder if there'd be some of the same grass roots resistance we saw with the B12 students? I don't see how they could go back to the MWC (and I'd choose American over MWC personally) without losing face and even if they tried, I could envision some measure of resistance there too.
        The gay issue makes BYU toxic everywhere. BYU by leaving the conference has nowhere to go. Until and if BYU makes peace with the gay issue, it will be excluded from big time football conferences.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• My ideal non-P5 situation for BYU football: Stay indy and enter into a scheduling agreement with a conference for 4-6 games per year. Conference preferences: 1. Any P5, 2. MWC, 3. AAC.

Obviously, the AAC is probably better competition, but regularly playing old WAC/MWC foes could be fun for old times' sake.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            Do you ever wonder if rejoining a conference is even an option? Do you think that they'd have trouble gaining entrance to, say, the American? I wonder if there'd be some of the same grass roots resistance we saw with the B12 students? I don't see how they could go back to the MWC (and I'd choose American over MWC personally) without losing face and even if they tried, I could envision some measure of resistance there too.
            Crazy talk. Those conferences would take byu in a heartbeat. In spite of a few vocal idiots.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              My ideal non-P5 situation for BYU football: Stay indy and enter into a scheduling agreement with a conference for 4-6 games per year. Conference preferences: 1. Any P5, 2. MWC, 3. AAC.

Obviously, the AAC is probably better competition, but regularly playing old WAC/MWC foes could be fun for old times' sake.
              I would never want to re-enter the MWC. We already play Boise. The only other team I'd like to see is Air Force.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                I would never want to re-enter the MWC. We already play Boise. The only other team I'd like to see is Air Force.
                Note that I said nothing about re entering the MWC.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I'd be fine with a scheduling agreement with the mwc if that got other sports back in the conference. That way we could have our own tv contract for football and be in a decent league for basketball.

Comment

• If the current trajectory of both major programs at BYU are any indication, I'd be fine if the BOT pulled a BYU-Idaho.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      If the current trajectory of both major programs at BYU are any indication, I'd be fine if the BOT pulled a BYU-Idaho.

Comment

If the current trajectory of both major programs at BYU are any indication, I'd be fine if the BOT pulled a BYU-Idaho.
                        Why wait? Plenty fo other schools you can root for right now.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• lol you guys are funny. We have an NC schedule during a rebuilding year. This is what happens. Put that MWC on hold.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Ouch.

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Crazy talk. Those conferences would take byu in a heartbeat. In spite of a few vocal idiots.
                            From time to time, I'll visit the MWC message board. There is often an active thread thread there about BYU coming back to the MWC or a new "best of the rest" conference being formed with BYU and the "best" of the MWC and AAC. If we wanted back into the MWC, I'm confident we could go back pretty much anytime we want.

As for the AAC, don't forget that the predecessor of the AAC, the Big East, tried to lure BYU before settling for BSU and SDSU. Then, when the Big-East - AAC split happened, BSU negotiated their way back into the MWC with a preferential TV deal (getting ESPN home games and bonus money). SDSU, now without a western partner, made their way back to the MWC shortly thereafter (and is perennially stuck with CBSSN games). The AAC is now championing themselves as one of the "Power 6" conferences (even though nobody else calls them that). They'll do what they can do to put separation between themselves and the MWC, including inviting BYU (again).
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                              It's time to unleash the firesides.
                              LOL! And things haven't been the same since our white fellas from Arizona stopped doing the haka.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                From time to time, I'll visit the MWC message board. There is often an active thread thread there about BYU coming back to the MWC or a new "best of the rest" conference being formed with BYU and the "best" of the MWC and AAC. If we wanted back into the MWC, I'm confident we could go back pretty much anytime we want.
                                Here's an example from a San Diego State fan posted over there earlier today:

Whether independence has been good overall for BYU or bad overall for BYU is debatable. Personally, it seems to me that it's been good overall. In any event, returning to this mess of a conference the Molehill Worst now is would be lunacy. Since the MWC has become such a turd, conference titles no longer mean much so the sole benefit I can see would be the chance to get to a New Year's bowl game.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X