Holy War 2017: BYU vs Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Poor use of the subjunctive mood.
      #liberaleducation
      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        I like you Solon despite your school affiliation, but screw the Utes. It's been a bad string, but it will end and it might end this week. And the Utes amuse me. They get invited to the PAC and suddenly think their crap smells like roses, when in fact it's a function of money and no honor code and the invitation itself only happened because they're was no one else to Invite. They had no choice. And the concocted 'rivalry' with Colorado (which neither school takes seriously) proves this point.

And you want to know why Utah was invited? Why they were the school the PAC took? It's because of BYU. BYU and Lavell raised the level of play in the state and Utah HAD to
        Improve to just try to win once in a while. Due to pure luck they were ascendant when the PAC went looking. So the fact is Utah knows that everything it is and everything it has it owes to BYU and the church and all the churlish behavior and adolescent pranks in the world can't change where you come from.

So odds are Utah wins. But I don't think so. I think BYU rises up. And Utah fades. And this year a new streak begins.

But if it doesn't happen, to paraphrase Lavell, I would rather be a BYU fan and lose than be a fan of Utah and win. Screw the Utes. There is no winning for Utah. For, in the morning, they will still be Utes.

Go Cougs!
        Creekster, you magnificent sonuvabitch! Perfectly stated. Might I add, I HATE Utah!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          I have a poem for the Utah Utes.

If I were a dog and you were a flower,
          I'd lift up my leg and give you a shower.

LOL!

This is EXACTLY how I imagine YOhio in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            Not that it matters but we could sure use a guy that gets drunk and belligerent.
            I'm unwilling to offer my services to you.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              That pic is a few years old. Whatever you think of the practice, you kind of have to admire the man's dedication to procuring and painting the sacrament tray. He was all in on his whisky sacrament shot concept.
              Are you sure it is whisky in there or is it whiskey? I'm holding off all judgment on this individual until I find out what whiskey/whisky he is using. If it is Fireball, I will find where he is and punch him in the face for you people.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                The Ute response to this Boney post is absolutely hysterical. It wasn't even close to his best work. But the Ute fan base is calling out for him to delete the post and apologize for his #cyberbullying of Utah players and staff.

Cracks me up. Boney has been doing this for several years and is totally beloved by fans and players across the country. Leave it to the Utes to be the ones to get offended by his rivalry week smack.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  The Ute response to this Boney post is absolutely hysterical. It wasn't even close to his best work. But the Ute fan base is calling out for him to delete the post and apologize for his #cyberbullying of Utah players and staff.

Cracks me up. Boney has been doing this for several years and is totally beloved by fans and players across the country. Leave it to the Utes to be the ones to get offended by his rivalry week smack.
                  Yes indeed. The guy in question laughed at it. Cyberbullying. Haha.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Yes indeed. The guy in question laughed at it. Cyberbullying. Haha.
                    Yeah not a good look for Ute fans who are raging over this one. Harmless fun. It reminds me of BYU fans that lose their shit over harmless joking or banter about their religion (yes I realize that there are times the line is crossed with joking about religion from Ute fans).
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post

"Totally beloved by fans and players across the country"?!?!?! Link. Barney Fuller is still a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        "Totally beloved by fans and players across the country"?!?!?! Link. Barney Fuller is still a thing?
                        Haha. Still in denial.

Comment

QUIT #CYBERBULLYING BARNEY FULLER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            Are you sure it is whisky in there or is it whiskey? I'm holding off all judgment on this individual until I find out what whiskey/whisky he is using. If it is Fireball, I will find where he is and punch him in the face for you people.
                            yes i am sure they are doing shots of a fine single malt
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

LSU fans say such things as

"that's awesome"

"Damn that nails it....*"

"That is awesome*"

"Yea!!!*"

"that was pretty funny**"

"That was hilarious."

"Are we sure Boney's not a Louisianan? He nailed that troll on the head"

And so on...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/l...-fan/71884542/

So yes, Boney is still a thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                yes i am sure they are doing shots of a fine single malt
                                First of all, if they are doing shots it shouldn't be a fine single malt whisky. If it is a fine single malt whisky, fine bourbon, or fine whiskey that stuff should be sipped. I'd punch him in the face if I found out it was a fine single malt whisky. Second, there are appropriate whiskey/whisky to be used for doing a shot. There are things that are pure shit that no one should ever drink, see Fireball. If it was something lower shelf that is decent like a Evan Williams or a Benchmark, than I won't punch him in the face.
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X