Women's Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    My daughter just spent 15 minutes telling me about the team. She lives for volleyball, but at 5'4", high school will be it.

As disappointing as the big sports have been. BYU has been impressive at the sports that people don't talk about as much.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    I don't think Mary Lake is much taller than that. I think she's listed at 5'6", but I'm pretty sure she's shorter than that. Japan National Team's setter is 5'2".

These are the type of discussions I have with my 4'10" 8th grader. Haha.
    Last edited by Green Monstah; 11-27-2017, 09:11 AM.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

If you belong to cougar-club or a season ticket holder, you can call in for tickets today. It's $13 for the 3 games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
        If you belong to cougar-club or a season ticket holder, you can call in for tickets today. It's $13 for the 3 games this weekend.
        What's the regular price. I might fly my daughter down while I'm there for the UT cattlemen's meeting. She'd love it.

sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
          What's the regular price. I might fly my daughter down while I'm there for the UT cattlemen's meeting. She'd love it.

Should be $13 for reserved seating in the A,B, or C sections regardless of whether you're cougarclub or not. Also, I think non-cougar club buying starts after 12:00 today. I don't know how much non-reserved seating is for the weekend.

Comment

BYU got the thirteenth seed, despite being ranked 7th. It is similar to last year when the team a highly rated team was sent against Texas early on.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
              BYU got the thirteenth seed, despite being ranked 7th. It is similar to last year when the team a highly rated team was sent against Texas early on.
              Sure, as a noted above, the seedings rely too much on RPI. That said, it's a pretty good draw for BYU to make it to the round of 8 teams. They are home for the first 2 matches. The lower than deserved seeding does mean they likely have to play Oregon in the second round. That's a relatively difficult second round match. That said, I think Kentucky is a good potential draw for the round of 16 teams. RPI overrates Kentucky. BYU has a good chance of beating them.

Comment

Sure, as a noted above, the seedings rely too much on RPI. That said, it's a pretty good draw for BYU to make it to the round of 8 teams. They are home for the first 2 matches. The lower than deserved seeding does mean they likely have to play Oregon in the second round. That's a relatively difficult second round match. That said, I think Kentucky is a good potential draw for the round of 16 teams. RPI overrates Kentucky. BYU has a good chance of beating them.
                I don't know enough about Oregon's style to know if they present problems for BYU, but BYU usually plays well at home. It would be fun to see them make it to the regional finals. The two new signees look like great additions, especially Leitning (sp?).

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

This is well deserved

Comment

These strike me as no-brainers as well:

Comment

These strike me as no-brainers as well:

Will we have to wait until after nationals to see if any are awarded All American status?

Comment

Nice first set for BYU. Are any of you locals in attendance?
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          Nice first set for BYU. Are any of you locals in attendance?
                          Yeah, I'm there. Byu serving well; American just not good enough passers relative to this serving pressure

Comment

Wow. They played really well tonight. Defense was incredible.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Defense was awesome. Mary Lake was unbelievable on the back row and the outside hitters were all swinging well tonight. Fun game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Ducks at either terrible passers, or they’re trying to make direct passes to get ahead of the BYU block and failing.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X