No announcement yet.

Calling Artists and Art Lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't notice the pics I posted last night were sideways. Fixed now. I still don't understand why they are so big. They both are a lot smaller in real life, so my mistakes are really magnified. The lines are made with a fine point ball point pen, to give you an idea of the magnification.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Yongsung Kim is the latest artist to sweep through Mormondom (although I don't think he is LDS). Prior to his Christian period, he was a hyper realist. This is his most popular work here in Utah:

This one is my favorite, and far less known. There is no print or giclee for it, but Kim says maybe in January. He calls this The Outer Garment of the Lord, and I like that it is about the woman with the issue of blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        Yongsung Kim is the latest artist to sweep through Mormondom (although I don't think he is LDS). Prior to his Christian period, he was a hyper realist. This is his most popular work here in Utah:

This one is my favorite, and far less known. There is no print or giclee for it, but Kim says maybe in January. He calls this The Outer Garment of the Lord, and I like that it is about the woman with the issue of blood.
        We have the first one in our home. I like it. I love that story.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Figured I needed to do a sketch of the next prophet. Completed from start to finish in church. Not my best, but I was a little rushed.
          Last edited by cowboy; 01-09-2018, 06:16 AM.
          sigpic
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

keep posting your work for us to enjoy

Comment

My friend in the Marine Corps flew out to help me bring cows home. Takes a good friend to fly to Wyoming in January to help a buddy who's laid up. Anyway, I never get tired of seeing cattle lined out for two miles when they trail. He had this picture taken, and I sketched it to send home with him as a token of appreciation. I tried different sized pens and it helped me with some of the details, but capturing a herd of cows in the distance is really tough. Not my best work, but overall I think I'm happy with it. The proportions are consistent with the picture, so that's progress. These pictures are extreme closeups of the originals, so it magnifies the errors of my lines.
              sigpic
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Imagine if you will, the cows are an elephant's head and trunk, and the elephant is spitting out a bunch of seeds. The lead cow in the stream of seeds is my favorite thing about this drawing. It really looks like the lead cow, shirking against the cold and snow.

Comment

I tried pencils with this one. My wife gave me pencils, charcoal, and various sized pens with a large tablet for Christmas, and it's been fun to experiment.
                  sigpic
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    I tried pencils with this one. My wife gave me pencils, charcoal, and various sized pens with a large tablet for Christmas, and it's been fun to experiment.
                    I like this one best of all that you've done. The lines not being so clean gives it an airy feel. You also did a solid job of conveying the devotion a dog feels and expresses to its owner. I also think the move from black to brown better simulates the colors of the landscape you're representing.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Dang I'll have to find my old paintings and post up some acrylics of the Wu Tang Clan I did back in high school!
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        I like this one best of all that you've done. The lines not being so clean gives it an airy feel. You also did a solid job of conveying the devotion a dog feels and expresses to its owner. I also think the move from black to brown better simulates the colors of the landscape you're representing.
                        Thank you. Several people have told me that. I think a lot of it is that it's just a great picture (taken by my daughter, who is very talented). Also, the pencil makes it softer, and allows me to put more detail and better smooth the shades. Practice has helped, as well; I'm learning with every drawing.
                        sigpic
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                          Thank you. Several people have told me that. I think a lot of it is that it's just a great picture (taken by my daughter, who is very talented). Also, the pencil makes it softer, and allows me to put more detail and better smooth the shades. Practice has helped, as well; I'm learning with every drawing.
                          Strong drawings Cowboy

Comment

This is the unfinished version of a painting my daughter is working on from the picture I sketched above. She has talent.
                            sigpic
                            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

yes she does. very impressive, cowboy.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

She is very talented, and I love the effects on the moon she's done. One question for her...the angle she's rendered makes it look like the horse is wearing a hat because there's not enough contrast between the hat brim and the horse's neck. IN your drawing, it's just a little bit more noticeable to me. Is the hat placement intentional?
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X