BYU Women's Soccer 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    At first I thought this was a post about the football team.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    most FBS teams wouldn't struggle to score against Portland State, sad as that is to realize about our team.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      most FBS teams wouldn't struggle to score against Portland State, sad as that is to realize about our team.
      FYI
      Jason Scukanec

@Big_Suke

BYU might have the worst offense I've ever seen. Does Ty Detmer have any eligibility left? I think he could play better than he coaches
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

BYU Women's Soccer 2017

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/platfo...eneker-brascia

Age advantage?
        Like BYU’s football team, their women’s soccer team is generally older than their competition.

BYU student-athletes often embark on two-year mission trips through the Church of Latter-Day Saints, and an NCAA exemption allows them to stop their five-year eligibility clock until they return.

Thus, BYU student-athletes are often two years older than those they’re competing against — and sometimes even older than that.

For instance, former BYU quarterback Taysom Hill was 26 years old when he lined up against Arizona football last season.

“I haven’t looked exactly at it this year, but I assume that it’s every year they have a few that are a bit older,” Amato said of the current BYU team.

How much does that matter?

“It depends on the individuals,” Amato said. “Some years they’ve had girls where it’s like ‘those are women.’ And our 18-year-old that’s still trying to figure it out as a freshman feels a little different than that 23-year-old, so there have been times where I’ve seen them play and I’ve thought that.”

Arizona is 1-11 all-time vs. BYU, with the last match being played in 2012. BYU won that game 1-0.

Do that many women athletes go on mission trips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

No, of course not. That guy is stupid.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Geez. Always fun when the excuses come out before the game is even played though. Roger Reid gave the all time best response to an opposing coach complaining about RMs when he said, "Well, would he rather I had Shawn Bradley right now?"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Geez. Always fun when the excuses come out before the game is even played though. Roger Reid gave the all time best response to an opposing coach complaining about RMs when he said, "Well, would he rather I had Shawn Bradley right now?"
              Arizona won 2-1 at the beginning of overtime. BYU rarely loses to AZ. It is a sign of a crappy season.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                Arizona won 2-1 at the beginning of overtime. BYU rarely loses to AZ. It is a sign of a crappy season.
                Maybe they just don't have enough returned missionaries on the team.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  Maybe they just don't have enough returned missionaries on the team.
                  Any time they lose to a team not named Stanford or UCLA from the Pac12, you know it is a down year. More RMs for the seniority advantage!

Comment

I caught the second half of BYUs destruction of Gonzaga (6-3) at my hotel last night. I will preface this by saying I watched as much last night as I have seen all year. But far from lack of offensive cohesion that Topper was saying above, I saw our backline leaving huge holes and making bad decisions that kept Gonzaga in the game too long. Their third goal was a penalty resulting from a very clumsy tackle a yard inside the box on the left side. She had help behind her and there was no reason to take that risk.

Offensively we controlled possession in the midfield and seemed to be getting shots from just outside the 18 on almost every trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      I caught the second half of BYUs destruction of Gonzaga (6-3) at my hotel last night. I will preface this by saying I watched as much last night as I have seen all year. But far from lack of offensive cohesion that Topper was saying above, I saw our backline leaving huge holes and making bad decisions that kept Gonzaga in the game too long. Their third goal was a penalty resulting from a very clumsy tackle a yard inside the box on the left side. She had help behind her and there was no reason to take that risk.

Offensively we controlled possession in the midfield and seemed to be getting shots from just outside the 18 on almost every trip.
                      If you had seen their previous games or monitor the scores, you know that the Zag game is not indicative of their disappointing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        If you had seen their previous games or monitor the scores, you know that the Zag game is not indicative of their disappointing season.
                        I didn't dispute that the season is disappointing. I disputed that you know what the hell you're talking about when you critique the offense.

Comment

Working...
                        X