2018 BYU Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I had forgotten Tanner has another year. Greyshirts and missions really do make it a long time from when we first introduced to these kids. That changes my perspective on this season and giving him reps. If he was a senior, there is little value in playing him (other than showing hardwork is rewarded by KS).
    I wonder if the struggles Mangum is having this year is having any impact on McKee and if he will go on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
      I get it. But that's not the point. You play to win the game.
      And he was.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        I wonder if the struggles Mangum is having this year is having any impact on McKee and if he will go on a mission.
        Unfortunately, I'm sure they have. Not about the mission so much as other things.

Comment

Mika Tofua returns from his missionary service and switches to Utah. This is getting brutal.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

So Kalini can't even keep Polynesians who committed years ago? What is the upside of the current staff?

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
              So Kalini can't even keep Polynesians who committed years ago? What is the upside of the current staff?
              If it makes anyone feel better, this isn't someone we lost because of going 1-6. He was an RM who was supposed to start the season with us. Another casualty of the Francis Bernard incident, perhaps?

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck we lost him, but this isn't the wheels coming off. Not yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                If it makes anyone feel better, this isn't someone we lost because of going 1-6. He was an RM who was supposed to start the season with us. Another casualty of the Francis Bernard incident, perhaps?

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck we lost him, but this isn't the wheels coming off. Not yet anyway.
                But the wheels are wobbling.

Comment

The bus is careening all over the road, and smoke is coming from the engine.
                  Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-13-2017, 08:08 AM.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    :yikes:
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      :yikes:
                      We need Keanu Kalani to save the day.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Playing a directional school in two weeks might help save the bus. There's likely to be little to no help this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                          Playing a directional school in two weeks might help save the bus. There's likely to be little to no help this weekend.
                          It might save the bus...or blow it to smithereens.

Comment

Pretty sure this thread is going to get some run here in the next few days, so I wanted to bring it to the front page.

I know the offense sucked...but some of the kids we had coming here were coming because of Ty Detmer.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              Pretty sure this thread is going to get some run here in the next few days, so I wanted to bring it to the front page.

I know the offense sucked...but some of the kids we had coming here were coming because of Ty Detmer.

lol. You may be the person who has bitched the most about BYU's offense in the last couple of seasons. But that doesn't stop you from being the first person to lament the casualties from firing Detmer.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

lol. You may be the person who has bitched the most about BYU's offense in the last couple of seasons. But that doesn't stop you from being the first person to lament the casualties from firing Detmer.
                                I'm not lamenting. Something had to be done, somewhere in the program. Was this the right move? No idea. Time will tell.

This will hurt in the recruiting pool. I was merely pointing out that there were going to be some collateral damage to the move.

Comment

Working...
                                X