2018 BYU Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    I would say "according to the scouting services, the worst class in recent BYU history."

I do think there are some nice players in this class. Romney I think is the one signee who has the chance to be a difference maker, IMO. But I like Holker, Zach Wilson and Tausinga.

It's definitely a let down when you think that we had guys like Latu and Kaho signed, and a legit shot at McKee. Landing those guys absolutely would've swung this class from being very not good to one of the better classes ever.
    We will see with McKee once he serves a mission.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      I think some of the ol are solid and Amone Finau is intriguing, but this class is loaded with projects who had no other FBs offers, Herron, Moore, Davis for example. I’m okay with projects but all 3 corners are. Stacey Connor is interesting, but I don’t he looks polished enough to see time at QB for awhile. Maybe he could be a receiver or lb.

I think getting Dylan Collie and Tre Watson would help. But this seems very mediocre. CJ, what do you think about Wilson?
      Zach Wilson is interesting, I think he is legit. I was really impressed with him. It wouldn't surprise me if he competes for the starting job. I think that says a lot about him and a lot about our current QB situation.

What I have seen from Stacey Connor, no way does he play qb.

Also Zadock Dinkelmann is going unsigned.
      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        What about Finau?

I don't enough about Moore or Herron. Did we sign enough in the fall to fill holes?

It was overall a weak class but better to reserve scholarships after a revived season than to sign kids just because. Romney should be able to contribute next year.

What about the newly revealed December signees, Harris LaChance and Jacob Smith?
        Moore and Herron had no other offers.

LaChance needs to put on weight but he could be ok.

I love Romney, he is a monster and I expect him to start as a freshman.
        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Zach Wilson is interesting, I think he is legit. I was really impressed with him. It wouldn't surprise me if he competes for the starting job. I think that says a lot about him and a lot about our current QB situation.

eat shit, zarbock dunkelberg!
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

On paper this is the worst class in BYU history.
            yeah. well lets hope for some diamonds in the rough and player development. chicken shit into chicken salad yada yada yada

We are who we are and it isn't getting better until we can find our way into a major conference.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              yeah. well lets hope for some diamonds in the rough and player development. chicken shit into chicken salad yada yada yada

We are who we are and it isn't getting better until we can find our way into a major conference.
              Or to win. The recruits signing would be a lot different if the season were a 9 and 4, or 10 and 3.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Detmer was a pretty awful recruiter outside of some novelty value to LDS guys. Is Buchanan the only guy he got out of Texas?

Comment

• This commit, a preferred walk-on I believe is listed at 6'2" but the linked photo next to Sitake makes me doubt that seriously.

http://byuinsider.com/football/collin-reid/

Comment

• Ofahengaue has been let go.

Comment

• I hope that bridge isn't burned.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        Ofahengaue has been let go.
                        What position was he filling and who replaced him?

Comment

• He was recruiting coordinator. I haven't heard of a replacement yet.

Comment

• After this class is anyone surprised? Kind of like Detmer.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Comment

• Well, 2019 recruiting is starting of super awesome. Our best commit (Siaki Ika) has now decommitted.

Comment

Working...
                                X