No announcement yet.

2018 BYU Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dylan Collie leaving Hawaii as a grad transfer. Not sure where.

Sure could use him!

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Dylan Collie leaving Hawaii as a grad transfer. Not sure where.

Sure could use him!
      It'd be nice to get him.

Comment

• Anyone has any recruiting updates? I see Tausinga's little brother committed, and had some ok offers from USU, Minnesota, Fresno State, SDSU and Oregon State.

Comment

• Comment

• Excellent Y.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• romney + collie would be neat
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  romney + collie would be neat
                  We would probably see the efficiency of the QB jump significantly.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• So, really . . . how bad is it?
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      So, really . . . how bad is it?
                      On paper this is the worst class in BYU history.
                      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        So, really . . . how bad is it?
                        We got an Australian punter.

NAME POS. HT. WT. HOMETOWN PREVIOUS SCHOOL
                        Dallin Holker TE 6-5 222 Lehi, UT Lehi High School
                        Danny Jones P 6-4 223 Essendon, Australia La Trobe University
                        Isaiah Herron DB 6-1 175 Las Vegas, NV Arbor View High School
                        Alex Miskela LB 6-1 220 Los Alamitos, CA Los Alamitos High School
                        Gunner Romney WR 6-3 200 Chandler, AZ Chandler High School
                        Viliami Tausinga LB 6-2 220 Salt Lake City, UT East High School
                        Amone Finau RB 6-2 205 Kearns, UT Kearns High School
                        Malik Moore DB 6-1 180 San Diego, CA Point Loma High School

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          We got an Australian punter.
                          Holker was great at Lehi. I think he is a nice pickup.

Tausinga looks unbelievable on film. But needs to add weight.

Romney is the jewel of this class, best high school receiver I saw this past year.

The rest are meh.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

Romney is the jewel of this class, best high school receiver I saw this past year.

The rest are meh.
                            I think some of the ol are solid and Amone Finau is intriguing, but this class is loaded with projects who had no other FBs offers, Herron, Moore, Davis for example. I’m okay with projects but all 3 corners are. Stacey Connor is interesting, but I don’t he looks polished enough to see time at QB for awhile. Maybe he could be a receiver or lb.

I think getting Dylan Collie and Tre Watson would help. But this seems very mediocre. CJ, what do you think about Wilson?

Comment

The rest are meh.
                              What about Finau?

I don't enough about Moore or Herron. Did we sign enough in the fall to fill holes?

It was overall a weak class but better to reserve scholarships after a revived season than to sign kids just because. Romney should be able to contribute next year.

What about the newly revealed December signees, Harris LaChance and Jacob Smith?
                              Last edited by Topper; 02-07-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

On paper this is the worst class in BYU history.
                                I would say "according to the scouting services, the worst class in recent BYU history."

I do think there are some nice players in this class. Romney I think is the one signee who has the chance to be a difference maker, IMO. But I like Holker, Zach Wilson and Tausinga.

It's definitely a let down when you think that we had guys like Latu and Kaho signed, and a legit shot at McKee. Landing those guys absolutely would've swung this class from being very not good to one of the better classes ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X