2018 BYU Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    I know the offense sucked...but some of the kids we had coming here were coming because of Ty Detmer.
    Seems like this can be said about every OC at every program across the country.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Pretty sure this thread is going to get some run here in the next few days, so I wanted to bring it to the front page.

I know the offense sucked...but some of the kids we had coming here were coming because of Ty Detmer.
      You are way behind. Maybe some recruits won't bail now because something is being done to put out this dumpster fire.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If I were a recruit, I wouldn’t want to play for the worst offense in the country, but that’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          You are way behind. Maybe some recruits won't bail now because something is being done to put out this dumpster fire.
          LOL yeah. What do you think recruits care about more? Joining a successful program, or playing for a guy that won a Heisman trophy and was a backup in the NFL before they were born?
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            If I were a recruit, I wouldn’t want to play for the worst offense in the country, but that’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            LOL yeah. What do you think recruits care about more? Joining a successful program, or playing for a guy that won a Heisman trophy and was a backup in the NFL before they were born?
            Most recruits - the good ones - think that they are different. So if/when a coach sells them on what the vision is and their roll in that vision, they don't see themselves failing. They see themselves performing and being successful. But it all revolves around the coach's ability to sell that vision.

I know this is basketball - but Jordan Loveridge was one of the biggest recruits in the state of Utah at the time. And he joined Utah after a 6-25 season. NOT because he thought it would be awesome to play for a loser. But because he wanted to be part of lifting the U to becoming a winning program. He bought whatever coach Larry was selling.

I think we could see the same play out. BYU needs to hire the right guy, but they need to do it pretty quickly. And then he needs to decide who the offensive staff will be - and they need to sell the recruits that vision of how they will be successful.

That was one of the Crowton strategies that got him some pretty good players (initially) as well - he took them in, gave an overview of the offensive philosophy, and then diagrammed plays for them and showed them where they would be on the field and how their particular attributes would help them be successful playing at BYU. Love him or hate him - that kind of stuff impresses recruits.

Comment

Pretty sure this thread is going to get some run here in the next few days, so I wanted to bring it to the front page.

Who?

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Who?
                Dinkelman for one. Maybe Gunner Romney out of AZ?

I'm not even sure Dinkelmann has an offer at UTSA anymore (depends on who has already comitted). It wouldn't surprise me if Koy, Jr. is able to keep him here.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Tanner McKee is the other one I'm thinking of as well.

Comment

Tanner McKee is the other one I'm thinking of as well.
                    McKee isn’t coming, Ty or no Ty.

Comment

Not shocking, but Dinkleman decommits

https://twitter.com/ZadockDinkelma1/...Fid%3D18972967

Comment

I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't ever view Dink as the answer at QB. I'm definitely not heartbroken over this one (nor am I really surprised, TBH).

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't ever view Dink as the answer at QB. I'm definitely not heartbroken over this one (nor am I really surprised, TBH).
                          I am guessing you are not in the minority on that one. Other than an crazy made up name, I didn't think he was all that intriguing.

Comment

Adios Dink.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I think Dinklemann could have been a contributor as a Redshirt Jr. and Sr. Big body, decent athleticism for his size. Accurate within fifteen yards, but really struggles downfield. With Ty's offense, he was a good fit. If we go spread, I don't think he's the answer.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Adios Dink.
                                Awesome
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X